A success story.

[De...]

I have been waiting for years to write this story and kept thinking I wasn’t ready or almost afraid to do so thinking it would come back after I wrote it like I would jinx it or something.. I think I’m okay now guys.. I only take melatonin to sleep which I mean I probably could just fall asleep without it but honestly I still have ptsd from that portion of benzo withdrawal that I am working on..I suffered horrible insomnia much like we all do I remember in the beginning I couldn’t tell you if I slept or not for 11 days straight.. I’m sure I was sleeping, I had to of been but it didn’t feel like it at all.I remember going on vacation to California durning withdrawl (not by choice) had an insomnia wave there and didn’t sleep the whole vacation by the end of it I thought I was going to pass out. In the early days of cold turkey I remember laying on the floor shaking uncontrollably in the beginning, vomiting, could not eat for 6 days straight my stomach was in knots. I got tight throat to the point where it was hard to swallow.. burning brain it felt like there was a rod in the middle of my head and it was on fire.. I had the jerks when trying to fall asleep. There was twice where as I was waking up my eyes made weird movements or idk even know what they was but it was weird and scary.. tingling in forehead and on top of the head,  burning arm and burning patches randomly throughout the day, heart stuff chest pain and palpitations, vibrating feeling in your body .. the list goes on but I’m here to say TIME DOES HEAL. I don’t really have any symptoms anymore.. I guess last month I felt a little vibratey in the morning for a few seconds and or I’ll get tingly but I don’t even know if it’s benzo withdrawl anymore.. if it is it’s not that big of a deal.. I recently had a kidney infection and got antibiotics and was so scared to take them but I did and nothing happened I was fine. I am back to my ways of drinking caffeine and living life normally now.. i honestly think ppl don’t come back to write their success stories cause of reliving trauma.. i lived on these stories and was messaging ppl all the time on here trying to find answers to what was going on.

Thank you benzo buddies for everything you do.. I would of been lost in a sea of psych meds and doctors appointments without you. I hope one day these drugs become banned everywhere. 

DV

• Like 4
  • Love 2

Thanks for making the effort to come back and let us know how you are doing! I'm thrilled that life is back to normal again, enjoy it!  Our members will gain much hope from reading your post.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Hooray for you! That's wonderful to hear and so encouraging.  I've had all the symptoms you mentioned over the years even while on the meds in tolerance withdrawal.  One by one they are leaving so I am looking forward to being where you are! Enjoy your life and thank you so much for writing your story for us.

Thank you, thank you for coming back, I'm so happy you're doing well.  :smitten:  I've always loved your avatar, I will imagine you now strolling peacefully through that beautiful desert sunset.

Congrats DV! It’s great to see a new person healed. It gives us still trying to get there a refresher of our hope. Well done! Enjoy your new healed life. Best wishes and thanks for coming back to let us know.

🤗

Thank you for coming back and sharing your story. I am so pleased life is good again.  Your story will bring hope to our members, thanks again for taking the time. 

I wish you the best for the future

Magrita :smitten:

• 1 year later...

Hello just read your success story how long did it take you to recover.  Thank you x

[Br...]

Hi @[...] - You probably noticed that the Success Story was posted 1 1/2 years ago.  The member may not spend much time here anymore and may not see your question.  

[An...]
On 28/03/2024 at 13:41, [[B...] said:

Hi @[...] - You probably noticed that the Success Story was posted 1 1/2 years ago.  The member may not spend much time here anymore and may not see your question.  

Thanks Brighter....I was just about to reply to the OP with a congrats. Sometimes, I neglect to look at the post timestamp. LOL

• Like 1

[Sh...]

Oh honey this makes me so happy! Amazing! Thanku so much for coming back to give others hope. This just made my day ❤️