34 months

[ka...]

Waking up sober-ish today at 34 months. I am not fully healed but if this is my only platform to speak on this matter, then here are my closing thoughts.

In the end, the work you are doing today to heal will be worth it. This experience is not lost on me and I will never put a chemical in my body that I don't fully research-lesson learned. I take back full responsibility for this journey and if I were a doctor- who knows maybe I would not know these drugs I was Rxing are harming- but I sure as hell would hope to believe my patients and honor their testimonies and change my ways if so.

I never want to be drunk again in my life ever, there is a lot to be said about sobriety and this may well just be my cause. It is a miracle and privilege to be alive. And if- IF- I am healed then the real work begins now. To show up and be the daughter, teacher, person I can be now. As stated it is a miracle to be alive. To all the angels on this earth plane and the ones above thank you for walking this journey with me and for carrying me when I couldn't.

Love a very teary eyed Kanoba

• Love 1

Kanoba,

Thank you so much for your success story. It seems like you've come a very long way.  I wish you all the best in your new life feeling better than ever.  I'm sure as the days go by you're going to continue to improve even more. Hugs!

LiveLife

Was the alcohol a problem before or after the benzo? I have found alcohol has made me kindle or something. I used to enjoy it, now if I have a drink I stay up for a week. Nothing therapeutic like before

Dear Kanoba.  Wow this brought tears to my eyes and I thank you for your beautifully expressed thoughts on your personal journey through BWD.

We have done something that many a brave man cannot even fathom doing, and we can  be proud of holding the line and supporting each other through many months of suffering.

Hugs and Love,

GG

Kanoba I’m happy for you and wish you a completely healed new life. You’ve proved to be a warrior in your journey. May you make many beautiful symptom free moments.

Love and hugs ❤️🤗

Was the alcohol a problem before or after the benzo? I have found alcohol has made me kindle or something. I used to enjoy it, now if I have a drink I stay up for a week. Nothing therapeutic like before

Alcohol was never a problem. It was the benzo cold turkey that caused me to be drunk for years. 

Waking up sober-ish today at 34 months. I am not fully healed but if this is my only platform to speak on this matter, then here are my closing thoughts.

In the end, the work you are doing today to heal will be worth it. This experience is not lost on me and I will never put a chemical in my body that I don't fully research-lesson learned. I take back full responsibility for this journey and if I were a doctor- who knows maybe I would not know these drugs I was Rxing are harming- but I sure as hell would hope to believe my patients and honor their testimonies and change my ways if so.

I never want to be drunk again in my life ever, there is a lot to be said about sobriety and this may well just be my cause. It is a miracle and privilege to be alive. And if- IF- I am healed then the real work begins now. To show up and be the daughter, teacher, person I can be now. As stated it is a miracle to be alive. To all the angels on this earth plane and the ones above thank you for walking this journey with me and for carrying me when I couldn't.

Love a very teary eyed Kanoba

Sounds like you are having zero craving for alcohol. Sounds like you won.

Actually yes, I never had a craving for alcohol, it was this very reason my Psych Doc put me on benzos b.c I didn't drink and in her eyes wasn't an addictive personality, but I did spend 34 months drunk from a brain injury and still have lingering affects while very much healing.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you had windows where the head pressure does go away completely? I have had a few, so frustrating when it then comes back as bad as ever with no explanation.