World Benzo Awareness Day July 11th

[go...]

I have not been here in a long time but I truly will never forget my time and experience on Benzobuddies.org.  The love and support was sometimes the only thing that got me through my days of suffering.  I was on Facebook today and came across a post on World Benzo Awareness Day and it brought up so many memories or my experience going through everything I went through and to be honest with... though i say I am recovered do to the fact that I have never taken a benzo since and never will.. I think I was here in 2016 .  Anyways just wanted to say I am still recovering bit by bit. The recovery is not linear as you all must know.  I have my ups and downs and highs and lows for sure.  You can't be on pharmaceuticals for the length of time i was without expecting a long road back to normalcy.  I'm now 61 and I honestly don't know if I will ever feel relaxed and fully recovered... but I fake it and for the most part.. i believe i get away with it.  I have lost family and friends and my circle is quite small and that's ok with me now.  I have read many many books on mental health, nutrition, spirituality.. you name it.  They all added me tools and support.  I am now running on a carnivore mostly diet and it helps tremendously.  I have gone through many battles since my so called recovery of benzos and I think they were all related them.  Mostly pain/arthritis/ibs.  I have found that diet plays a big role for me.  I have gone though many different diet changes and have ended up on a carnivore diet mostly and it truly has given me the best bang for my buck.  I have learned that pork is not my friend either.  Oh the trials and tribulations to say the least.  I hope all of you make time in your day to check out some sights on World Benzo Awareness. Even perhaps post some of it on your social media.  I think it is important to spread the awareness of Benzos so that less people will have to experience the pain and suffering that we all have been through.  I hope everyone has the ability and strength to get through this.  My heart it there with all of you.  I am forever indebted to this website and all the benzobuddies for all the love and support that I received here.  I could never have done it with out all you.  We are all in this together.  One human consciousness runs the world ..... if we all understand how the suffering starts, the suffering will hopefully stop one day.  Anyways just thought I'd stop and say hi hope you are all doing as good as you can muster.  :smitten:

Thank you Gonnawin for stopping by to shed light on the upcoming Benzo Awareness Day. It is good to hear from you and others enjoying your benzo free life on the other side of this. As you said, this is a tedious journey that unfortunately no one understands unless they’ve been a victim of the aftermath of these drugs. They disrupt lives, destroy families, break long bonds with friends, debilitate people, loss of jobs, isolation and so much more havocs. Those of us that have experienced this mostly invisible hell know all too well what it takes to get back to normal life. We all have to fake it to make it until we are no longer faking it but really are making it. That is all of our goals in this. These drugs need a huge spotlight shined on them in the whole world. I pray in my lifetime that someone somewhere does that…I pray it is soon. It needs to start with the medical professionals giving it out like candy. IMO. A very strict prescription law should be implemented. Until that happens unfortunately there will be millions more around the world forced unknowingly so to take on their fight to regain what was naturally present before they took what they perceived or was told was a harmless little helper. They will be told they’re crazy. It’s all in their heads. It’s not possible that it’s the pills. Etc etc. But it is obvious that is not the case. They will go on a search. Find this site and others confirming what they know. They will learn to expect symptoms. Accept symptoms. Distract from symptoms. They will find out that it’s a very hard fight but not one that can’t be won. Just as you are now standing on the other side as a witness. So, I said all of that to say….being aware of something as a problem is just the beginning. WHEN will it go beyond that….something being done about it? Who’s going to take on that task?

Thank you for sharing your story. I hope you continue to heal.