3 months benzo free after using Alprazolam for 2.5 months

[da...]

Hello. 3 months free now. Doing very well. Keeping busy with the push and pull of normal life (work, family, friends, errands, etc). My underlying anxiety is still there, but I am dealing with it in other ways (exercise, deep breathing, distracting myself, etc).

I had symptoms during the first 5 weeks of tapering. The last 3 weeks were gravy, and that is why I sped things up (and still kept listening to my body). No issues after jumping at 0.01mg.

Thankfully, I figure out liquid-based DMT. It made things very easy for me, and there was no better feeling than finally throwing out the syringes and the glass container. I still have some leftover Alprazolam, but never cared for it.

Keep hope alive. Keep pushing forward. Don't ever give up.

Thanks for posting! I am also doing a liquid taper and can't wait to be at .01mg and then JUMP! I hope it gets easier for me as I get lower. It's always nice to read your posts.

HM

Thank you for letting us know how well you're doing, it's so important for everyone facing this to know that not every story is one of horror.  I'm sure you had your rough moments but it looks like you're in good shape now.  :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting! I am also doing a liquid taper and can't wait to be at .01mg and then JUMP! I hope it gets easier for me as I get lower. It's always nice to read your posts.

HM

You have made amazing progress as well. Keep pushing onwards.  ;D

darkarchon,

Congratulations and thank you for posting your success, it helps all of us to see it. I'm very happy that you are doing so well.

• 4 weeks later...

Great work and congratulations!

Been off crap xanax for 9 days after being stoned for 32 years.

Interesting journey for the past three months.

My mind now is much sharper and I feel alert.

Much of the alertness is partially my brain missing xanax. I also feel that my anxiety is in part due to my craving this drug while I suppressed my wanting to take more then one bar.

Ears ringing.

Stay strong and peace!

• 2 months later...

6 months free. Still going strong. I don't even think about Xanax anymore. Just been busy with the normal flow of life. The anxiety is still there, but dealing with it in other ways. Daily deep breathing exercises have been very helpful. Stay strong. Don't give up. Keep pushing forward.

https://www.healthline.com/health/breathing-exercises-for-anxiety

Its great to hear from you darkarchon and I'm happy to know you're doing so well.  Thank you for the link, this is good stuff.  :thumbsup:

• 9 months later...

Hello all.

I have been clean for 16 months now. I don't even think about benzos anymore. Busy with other things in life now. The anxiety is still there, but I have been dealing with it in other ways. Deep slow breathing really works for me.

Remember, there is hope. There is a way out. I don't post as much, but I hope my signature can help others find a way out of this madness.

Thanks!