One year anniversary!

[Wo...]

It’s been one year…..one sometimes glorious and yet sometimes long year. There were rough days And times but I was free of the poison so they were worth dealing with. I had about every symptom you can think of. I don’t have to tell any of you how tortuous it is. You all already know. I would say I’m about 75-80% healed? I still deal with a few issues now and again and sone times a withdrawl feeling. I definitely am doing so so so much better and any bad moments now are nothing compared to what they once were. I read back through my journal and those were some tough days, but I did it. I did it and have so many people to thank for supporting me and helping me along the way. I’m forever in their debt that’s for sure.

Since I’ve jumped I’ve done so many things to push me out of my uncomfortable zone till I got comfortable with it again. I never feel anxiety and most all withdrawal symptoms are gone. A few linger  when I have a wave but nothing I can’t handle. In some ways I’m stronger than I ever was. I want to give you all hope that it will get better. My husband says I’m so different now and it’s night and day the difference now. I can make decisions and think and process clearly. I’m happy and have no anxiety at all, I can walk and exercise, I have traveled several times and flown by myself even, I shop and grocery shop, and so much more. I have been able to enjoy beer again. (This was something I was dedicated to doing again) I’m not a big drinker but enjoy a social drink now and again. I hadn’t drank for the whole taper and most of my year after jumping, but the last months have been able to have a couple over a few hours and did fine. I sleep well mostly unless I’m in a wave then it’s less. I’ve had a surgery and done great with anesthesia and the pain pills although I didn’t take many for very long. I also am my biggest advocate with any doctor or doctors visit and anything I’m prescribed I won’t take without due diligence on researching the hell out of it. I also have no problem educating people on the dangers of this medication.

I just want you all to know that life does get better, we do heal, and that there is hope! I get on now and again but find for my further healing staying off is better for me. I certainly pray for each of you everyday and am always willing to help any of you out, and always lend support. Hang strong my fellow warriors. I’m sending positive vibes your way always. If I can get here you all can and will too.

What a wonderful report, I'm happy you've been doing so much better!  I was actually hesitant to open your post because most at one year don't have much good to report but I've got a big smile on my face, thank you.  :smitten:

I think I'll log off for the night because your post has me feeling good.  :thumbsup:

What a wonderful report, I'm happy you've been doing so much better!  I was actually hesitant to open your post because most at one year don't have much good to report but I've got a big smile on my face, thank you.  :smitten:

I think I'll log off for the night because your post has me feeling good.  :thumbsup:

Awwww, thank you Pamster! You are definitely one I need to thank! You were always here for me, and are always here for all us buddies! You help more than you’ll ever know! I’m glad I could give you a smile today!

Hugs!!  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! 🥳 I’m so happy to hear that you’re doing so well!

Wishing you continued healing and much happiness and health ahead!

Fondly,

“Lori”

Congratulations! 🥳 I’m so happy to hear that you’re doing so well!

Wishing you continued healing and much happiness and health ahead!

Fondly,

“Lori”

Thank you so much!! It definitely feels so much better to be at this point! How are you doing? Each day will get better and better! I’m sending positive vibes for continued healing every day for you!!  :)

Woop woop! Go on with ur bad self ❤️Happy anniversary honey x

Thanks love!! You are and will always be my amazingly wonder from down under! I don’t know what I would’ve done some days without your support and inspiration! You fricking rock lady! I do a daily hammer dance for us! Lol 😂 Thanks for always being there for me! Love and hugs!  :smitten:

You are welcome 🤗 and u have been a wonderful support and funny buddy to me too x Thanku honey x

Woohoo u did it. It’s hammer time 😂