Just Benzo free 2 days ago (No Triggers)

[Sc...]

I'm happy to say that I'm benzo free but not happy as obviously I'm not out of the woods. During my taper, I felt so extremely miserable (I don't want to share symptoms to keep this reading soothing).

But as I progressed with my taper, it felt more tolerable.

Previously every day I cried in desperation. Now, there is some courage and I feel desperate once a while.

I no longer get panic attacks in morning.

My mornings are not that great, but evening time is better, I feel some calmness.

Although I get underlying anxiety and depression, the worst part is what I cannot explain because I don't know it myself what to term it. I feel like numb without much emotions and I don't feel like myself, as if brain is stuck in a fear mode.

Yes and of course stress can ground me anytime, so I keep myself happy.

Had I written this post 6 months back, I would have written that it's not worth tapering and it's impossible. If anyone remember my posts back then, I was the least optimistic person on this forum. However, as of now, I no longer deal with crushing symptoms which gives me a lot of energy to go on. In terms of activity I can do much more to keep myself little better and happy, although stressful activities can bring me down, so avoiding it.

I have made some recent lifestyle changes to hasten the healing process.

1. Became Vegan from Vegeterian.

2. 14 hours of daily intermittent fasting.

3. Avoided Gluten, Dairy and Sugar.

4. Included regional and seasonal fruits in meals.

5. Sunlight exposure, feels nice.

What I need to do next when I get a little more stability is:

1. Practice Yoga and Walk in treadmill.

2. Complete fasting 2 times a month. (The body is either healing or it's digesting. So when food is digested, healing starts! Don't mess the healing by eating frequently).

Most important is keeping the faith of healing alive which I fail many times, and maintaining healthy diet as sometimes people who are involved in cooking can mess things up as in vegan choices they are very less trained. I am trying to learn to cook for myself. Although I have some symptoms, if this not feeling like myself or numbness is taken away, I would go for a success story right away!

I'm working with functional doctors for my Hashimoto Thyroid condition and also I told them about the Benzo, they seem somewhat acknowledge the drug damage. My blood tests showed a lot of deficiencies like Magnesium, B12, D, and some more parameters are also out of range. We are attending to that now.

That's all folks - Those who are in this war, try not to lose hope. (Homeopathy meds can be life saver during extreme withdrawals).

You sound so much better than you did ScaredCat, its wonderful to see how far you've come!  Thank you for including what has helped you, everyone is looking for answers so we appreciate you listing yours.

I hope your recovery is uneventful and rapid.  :thumbsup:

That's the words I'm dying to hear "rapid recovery".

Thank you Pamster for suggesting to crossover to Valium, your advice helped me incredibly.

Congratulations ScaredCat! And I'm so happy to hear you're doing better. I'm sure things will continue to improve as you go along.

Thank you everyone for your wishes. I also want all of you to recover ASAP. During the extreme times, I always wonder the plight of those who are without a support group, those who are unaware of the benzo damage, those who have no idea what is wrong. I always shed tears for those heros who would have defeated benzos when there was no internet.

What homeopathy meds did you use to help withdrawals?

I used to take a medicine Belladona 200 during exteme withdrawal and it took less than an hour to calm me down.

I also took Suplhur 200 rarely. What works for me is not what may work for you as homeopathy seems to treat the person not the disease or symptoms as they say. So, get in touch with a knowledgeable doctor who can hold you.

If you get relief, do not forget to share it with all as we all are looking for solutions, not problems. We must share the solutions as much as we share the problem. It would make this community evolve and make everyone's journey filled with more hope and ease.

I am so happy for you and impressed  :smitten:...

I as well am doing the intermittent fasting... I'm on the 16/8 hour rhythm.  It is by far the most forward healing that I've had...

Onwards and upwards.....

I am so happy for you and impressed  :smitten:...

I as well am doing the intermittent fasting... I'm on the 16/8 hour rhythm.  It is by far the most forward healing that I've had...

Onwards and upwards.....

Well 16 hours fasting if you can do, that's theoretically a bullet train speed to recovery. I and everyone else would be delighted to hear about how your your fasting outcomes. Please share that.

You did it!!! Jump party 🎉 woop woop!!!

So proud of u buddie x u didn’t it 💪🏾

I did it because you did it. As you had a smiliar half life benzo, I have got inspiration from you. And u keepbus inspired by your success story.