I jumped today! Had to reinstate after 2 days

[to...]

UPDATE 8/3/22

After 2 days, 50 hours from last dose taken, went into severe withdrawal.  I had to wake my husband at midnight as I was feeling burning inside and hot outside and my throat was closing, and I was shaking so hard I could not hold anything.  I also was feeling very faint, and we thought I might pass out!  I was scared to death!  I started having a panic attack as well and started to hyperventilate.  He told me to take a piece of xanax and I did but my throat was closing, and it did not want to go down, I was gagging and scared the pill would not go down, but it finally did!  After about 15-20 minutes my body started to calm down.  The cold turkey I was on 6 years ago was easier than last night and the cold turkey was hell on earth!

I write this as I am hoping my experience might help someone else.    I thought I would be able to jump from .174 mg of xanax but it did go well.  This cut to 0 was not the right thing for me to do.  Once the med was getting out of my system after 2 days, it hit me harder than a ton of bricks.  Hard lesson to learn!  But at least I tried, and I now know this is not an option for me.

I will continue to taper and once I get low in dose, I will jump and move forward.

I wanted to let the people know who kind had been and congratulated me! 

8/1/22

I knew one day I would get here and today is finally that day!  I took my last dose of xanax last night at 8:15 pm.  I have no idea what the future holds but I do know that even though I anticipate it will not be easy, at least I will be getting the drug out of my system!  I was on cold turkey for 8-9 months, reinstated, had problems, tolerance and then found BB.  If I can get through a cold turkey, I know I can get through this phase of the journey!

I am so thankful for BB and the people here that have been there for me and some who helped me and they did not know it. 

Today is the beginning of a new life!  No matter what comes, I will get through it and be ok!!!  More than ok!!

:smitten: :smitten:

tolnbltp

Good job!  Congratulations on your Benzo free life!!!!!!

Thank you!!!  Congratulations on your Benzo free life too!!  I am happy for you too!

:smitten:

Woop woop!!!! Yeah u did! I love it x kicking that sh$t to the curb! Well done buddy 💪🏾

Onwards  8)

Thank you Shayna78 - you inspire me!  :yippee::clap: