One year free!

[gt...]

I'm not around here as much anymore, but I wanted to come back and say that I am celebrating one year free from benzos after over two decades of use! What a journey this has been so far. One of my biggest issues with PAWS is not knowing when it will end. I was so certain that I would recover much sooner than this, but ultimately I had to learn to be patient. I remind myself that symptoms are just a sign of healing and that's what this process is all about. I want to sincerely thank everyone on BB for helping me. Without your help, this process would have been so much more terrifying. Wishing you all the best!

M1-2: Acute

M3: Acute morphed in to PAWS. Life is more functional. My first experience with the windows & waves pattern.

M4-6: Physical sx lessened. Pretty severe anxiety and agoraphobia.

M7-8: Physical sx significantly better, except my persistent symptoms, which were somewhat better: anxiety/agoraphobia, dizziness, tremors, dp/dr/confusion. M8 had the most improvements to date, except severe anxiety. A lot more functional.

M9-10: Some of my most difficult thus far. Extreme fatigue (nearly disabling) and worsening of persistent symptoms. A lot of sleep (10+ hours a night).

M11: Significantly better later in the month. Extreme fatigue pretty much completely gone, core symptoms are getting better, except dizziness seems to come and go quite a bit.

Congratulations on your one year, its a milestone even though you're not recovered yet, the more distance we can put between us and the drug, the better.  I hope you'll keep checking in, I'd love to read your success story.  :smitten: