Today I am free! I did it and you can too!

[Ju...]

Thanks to my BB family for helping me through!

Today is my first day Benzo free in over 30 months.  It feels so good to finally be here!

In January of 2020 I was given a benzo for panic attacks caused by another med.

I found BB and started my taper. I went way too fast at first and experienced hell. I had to work so I took some great advice and slowed way down. It was hard as I just wanted off this stuff. It was a long 26 month long taper. Slowing down was worth it for me. After 6 month at my new slow pace I began to get life back. As my taper went on I felt stronger and stronger and more myself. I began enjoying more and more of life again. I feel now I am stronger and better than when all this began.  I don’t sweat the little things and I start every day in grateful prayer for another day. I appreciate things so much more.

I could not have done this without BB. The people I have met on here and through here will influence my life for years to come. Some are dear friends I will have forever.  We are a village of very strong individuals tackling one of the hardest things we will ever experience.

You are stronger than you think. Just keep going, you got this. If I can do it you can too. There is a good life waiting for you.

Love and hugs

JuJuBi

Oh my goodness, what a great benzo free celebration post, it so positive and powerful it reads like a success story, I love it!  :smitten:

I'm so happy you knew what you needed to do for you, you sound wonderful and I hope your recovery is smooth and uneventful.

Congratulations JuJuBi!  Yay!  I’m so happy for you!  And thank you for putting on your signature that the cortisone shot is what triggered the panic attacks.  I’ve heard of that happening to a lot of people and will be sure to never get one! 

Congratulations! You've done so well. And you've given a lot of encouragement to others on the way. Hopefully the rest of your recovery will be uneventful.

Congratulations on this milestone achievement, JuJuBi!  Your hard work and determination to discontinue lorazepam are an inspiration to us all.

The only thing I have left is the night sweats still happen occasionally but nothing horrible and it could be it's 110+ here these days. Even with AC it's brutal.  Some depression/crying in the morning but that seems to be subsiding. Today was a happy morning. I got up at 6 and met my trainer at the gym.  I think some of the crying was just coming to the end of this long journey. Lot of emotions.

Congratulations JuJuBi, for a job well done ...  I could not be happier for you!

Wishing you a speedy recovery

Magrita :smitten:

JuJuBi,

Congratulations ❤❤❤  you have been such an inspiration and wonderful friend to me!!!

Sending you lots of love and well wishes 😊

D.

Had to come on and say, we’ll done! So proud of you my friend. You followed your body’s cues and never gave up. You are a gift to me!  :smitten:

Thank you all for the well wishes.  The support I received here and the people I have met have gotten me through.

Two weeks off and I am feeling great and living life.  It does get better. It was impossible to believe that at times in my taper but it is true! 

Love and hugs to you all

JuJuBi

Oh congratulations honey! U did it! It’s a long hard road to get here but the boost u get from being free is just what u need to continue onto to healing xxx ❤️

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to throw an update out there.

Monday it will be 4 weeks off.  I am feeling so good. No acute here.

This past week I did a work trip, stayed in a hotel for 3 nights and attended a 4 day conference/training with my work team.

It was a blast!

Yep I do believe I got my life back.

Hugs to all

JuJuBi

I just wanted to pop in an give and give my one month off update and give hope.

I am feeling so so good.  Even better then before benzos  I surely appreciate life more.  I am doing all the things I did before and more. (still don't drink or smoke anymore and likely wont)

I think about this much much less.  As time goes on I will likely stop coming here.  I will be sure and do my success story once I have been off for a few months. 

Stay the course. You got this and God's got you.

Love to you all.  It does get better I promise.

Hugs

JuJuBi