Two years off and healed

[To...]

Hi Fellow Benzobuddies

I just wanted to pop by today with an update because today marks two years of me being off the poison. I really need to write a success story because I was a really bad case and now I am healed. I will write one but for now this will do. For a couple of years I had excruciating symptoms and almost gave up. I was on Xanax for 5 years and tapered for a year and a half using liquid Valium. I believe I healed a little on the way down (about 20%) and the rest came after I jumped.

I haven't been on the forum much lately, and I never really intended that. It's just that life has been so good since my return to the living that I make a point to spend time enjoying it.

Since making my recovery I got a better job than I lost, and don't need anxiety or depression meds at all. I am better now than I was before getting on them. I would say that it is even possible to not just recover, but to go beyond that and have better mental health than before.

I spend my time doing a job I love, travelling, spending time with people that matter to me, actually doing bucket list items, trying new things, and squeezing every ounce of enjoyment out of life that I can because I almost lost it.

More than a celebration, I want this to give hope to anyone who is struggling. I know it can be unbearably bad. You will recover. The thoughts of rebuilding your life even after you recover can be heavy. You will be able to do it more easily than you think and it will be more than worth it.

Thank you to everyone who helped me along the way. Most of you know who you are and some probably don't realize how much you helped.

Here's to the rest of a good life that awaits on the other side of this. Cheers -

Tom

Tom thank you so much for posting your success story. We all need to hear this. I’m currently 24 months and 2 weeks and still struggling. But I do believe in my healing. I’m happy to read that life returns back to us. As you said, in many cases even better than before. Best wishes to you. Thanks. 🤗

Have a blast!