13 Days Free from Valium

[ki...]

Just thought I would share that I am finally benzo free. I took my last dose on 5/27/22 after a long slow taper from 4 mg Valium (started this taper in December 2019). I finally got to the end by reducing .01 mg every other day. I haven’t had anything earth shattering happen, some anxiety, burning skin, trouble falling asleep, but it is very early in my recovery. I am also in an intensive outpatient group therapy program that I’ve been participating in since late February. I go to group therapy for 3 hours 3 times a week plus one hour of one-on-one with my therapist (10 hours total a week). It has been very helpful even if the others in the group aren’t recovering from benzodiazepine injury. The support and knowing I have a group of people rooting for me has been a true blessing.

On to more healing!

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww!!! I’ve been waiting for this one lil mumma x

I’m so happy for u honey, I hope u are feeling amazing coz after such a smart long taper u deserve it.

Ur on the other side now honey x enjoy it!

Yay kits!!!!! :smitten::thumbsup:

Awesomeness kitsune!!  More healing may be in store but it feels great to be finished with this phase of things!!      :thumbsup:

This is wonderful news, and I'm glad to hear you're doing such intense therapy, 10 hours a week is almost like a part time job, good for you!  :thumbsup:

Yippee, kits! And I am truly impressed by your dedication to therapy. I am in individual therapy 1 hr a day for 3 days a week. It has been sooooo helpful -- both during my benzo w/d and now.  Again, congrats.  :thumbsup:

Katz

321.gif Kit so very happy that you walked off and starting a new path benzo-free. You did the work and dealt with each tumble that came your way, with your head held high and knowing that you would conquer and be free. You have had more than enough of personal trauma, but you have been able to pursue your dream of being off of the Valium in spite of what life was throwing at you. I am so proud to call you my Friend. 💖Peace and Healing.💦

Welcome to the benzo-free club! If you need any support don't hesitate to seek it out. Hope your recovery goes smoothly  :thumbsup:

A very WELL DONE  to you, Kitsune! Congratulations!

Take it one day at a time and you're going to be OK.

It's wonderful to be free again!

( I 'm one year off Valium tomorrow! )

Trochsetter

Thank you all for your encouragement and kind words. There were times when I doubted I could get here after my disastrous taper in 2019. It feels good to be free and I have noticed some improvements which I hope stick around. ❤️🥰❤️🥰❤️

• 2 weeks later...
Kits how are you doing now? I’ve been thinking of you. I hope you’re still going strong. Stable as can be and taking good care of yourself. Just wanted to give you a token of my love and well wishes. 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Kits how are you doing now? I’ve been thinking of you. I hope you’re still going strong. Stable as can be and taking good care of yourself. Just wanted to give you a token of my love and well wishes. 🌹🌹🌹🌹

Lady, thank you so much. I’m doing well still! 36 days free. Sending you love! ❤️

Lady, thank you so much. I’m doing well still! 36 days free. Sending you love! ❤️

I'm so happy for you and so happy to read this. :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: