1 year free

[Sh...]

I am 1 year free. I am probably 75 percent. Poor sleep is my final hurdle and it’s a beast.

This is hard. Some days extremely so. Your body is stronger than you think. It’s your head that you need to get straight. Once that happens, you can get through anything.

Mental stamina is how to beat this. I was like you once. Couldn’t leave the house, couldn’t walk past the end of my street, afraid of going anywhere, afraid of people, afraid of being alone. Now I am not afraid of anything, I’m running again, lifting weights, working, socializing.

My advice to all my buddies is this, my mantra. The wise words of Keanu reeves….

“that voice that says you can’t.. every time you hear that voice.. tell it to f!ck off… f!ck off voice! “

When every day feels like your standing at the foot of a mountain. That little voice will tell you that you can’t do it.

But You can. You must. That mountain is your life, the only one you’ve got.

So tell that voice to f!ck off and start climbing.

[f6...]

Congrats my friend!!

So happy for you!

Can’t wait until I can visit one day!!

Keep going, you’re almost at 100%

I pretty much say f$&k off everyday!!

Cheers,

Winnie

So very happy for you, Shayna. You have been and are a wonderful inspiration for so many of us benzo buddies.  I will always picture you reading by your beautiful beach!

Hugs,

GG

shayna, you surely do have alot of stamina and are very brave and are an inspiration to many people on this forum.

Oh yay!! You are such an amazing wonder from down under! I’m so happy for you, and your strength has always been an inspiration to me in my taper! I’m 10 months free and am loving it. I still have to tell that voice to go screw itself, but I’m healing! Damn straight we get to give that benzo the big middle finger! 🖕🖕🖕 Glad to hear you are doing well ! Keep rocking it, YOU ARE AMAZING! 

Sending big hugs to you!!  :smitten:

Oh hey gurl!!! Thanks for ur kind words. Never would have got thru it without my peeps here x love u all

So glad ur doing well WW. A few days ago I had a rough day and I actually thought the same thing, at least I’m not taking that crap anymore, and that is pretty amazing. That’s enough isn’t it! Xxxx

Shay,

Congratulations! Keep on keeping on. So great you're doing as well as you are. 75% is excellent at one year. You're almost there. Hugs!

LiveLife

Hey there wonderful lady! I came to congratulate you on 1 year benzo free! I walked off on 5/27, so I’m about a year behind you. 😆😆 Sending you love!

Thanku sandy! Are u doing a little better now? I sure hope so x sending u some love x

Aw lil kits! I’m so happy for u!!!!! U did it! Woop woop!!!! How do u feel? U were so good during ur taper I hope it’s been easy since u walked off x sooooo good!

Shay,

I have been really slammed in the last couple of months. I've had a few windows but the days that there's no window have been worse than ever. I've also cycled through some of the days. Sure hoping this is fine-tuning and I'm going to get a reprieve because I'm barely hanging on. I posted on the celebrations page some things have improved and I'm thankful for that. I appreciate your asking. Hugs!

LiveLife

I’m so proud of you! You’re forever in my heart. I knew you could get to this point. I knew it! Congrats on your 1 year! Wow I’m so happy for you! 

:smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

• 1 month later...

Congrats Shayna!  I am one year off next week, it is so nice to be on the other side of this.  You wrote often while suffering so badly (like the rest of us), it’s nice to read some positive feedback!

I’m doing well too, just some small items linger.  With each passing month things improve.

So happy for you!  Thanks for sharing!!

Thanks Shayna,

A year ago we were both is agonizing hell, I am so glad to be on the other side of this.  AWARENESS is so important, I don't want anyone else to suffer the way we have. I tell anyone who will listen to be aware of what the doctors are prescribing, do your homework.

Hugs..