Two years out today. What has improved and what has not.

[Li...]

I'm thankful to have made it to the two-year mark. I have made some improvements. At 13 months out my intense chemical anxiety left. About two months ago my taste and smell came back for good. Two months ago this intense horrible wheezing cough that made it difficult to breathe and cause me to have to use an inhaler has cleared up. Haven't used the inhaler in about 2 months. Also the terrible sinus issues which made it difficult to breathe and get to sleep have cleared up. So happy for all of that.

What has not improved. Still unable to watch TV and sensitive to lights in stores. I have intense chemical fear that has turned into Terror that replaced the intense chemical anxiety. This has been keeping me awake nights waking me up and staying with me throughout the day. That has recently escalated. I still have left sided pain, stomach issues heartburn, Etc. About a year ago the heart palpitations and tinnitus went away and that has recently returned. I'm really looking for this intense Terror to leave because these mental symptoms have a tendency to Eat You Alive. The chemical depression has come back to visit recently as well. I'm usually a very positive person always have been but this has really been testing my coping skills. Still get the occasional benzo headache from time to time too. Sure hope I'm getting near the end of this long arduous Journey. I think I'm in a terrible wave! It's getting difficult to hang on. Hugs to all!

LiveLife

Yay Live!!!!  I’m so happy that a few positive things have returned, or eased up. Now the

Terror needs to run away soon. Totally rooting for you my sweet friend. Wow your taste and smell

Came back.  Mine Is still GONE. It sucks so much. Your the only one I could follow on that symptom

Lol. I’m still trying to fight a mess of symptoms.  But this is your day. Hurray.

Many huggs. Kudos2. 

Kudos,

Yes my taste and smell are back and that is quite glorious! It's wonderful be able to taste your food and smell great aromas. I'm sure yours will be back too. Mine had come and gone but this time I know it's back for sure because it's been here for two months. Might be even longer I almost lost track. But I definitely need to get rid of this Terror it has been absolutely horrific. It wears you down, while scaring the Daylights out of you. I feel like I'm being chased by a bear 24/7.

I'm sorry you're still having so many symptoms I was hoping you're at least improving like we spoke last time. Hugs to you!

LiveLife

Hello, how are you? I wanted to ask you if you had insomnia? and as progress with details please and how old are you?

• 2 weeks later...

GP23,

I am still struggling this intense fear is what really messes with my sleep. So calling it actual insomnia, I'm not sure it is insomnia. Just the chemical fear and panic wake me up and at times prevent me from even getting to sleep. Sure hoping this settles down and it's a final wave before I get some good windows. Hugs!

LiveLife

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Live.  Congratulations and I am sorry you continue to struggle so much.  We just gotta keep going!

I can tell you it does get better.  I am about 6 month out from using steroid spray and I can see progressive healing.  Staying off the steroid has been a tremendous help!  A lot of the intense fear we were both experiencing even 3 months ago is nearly gone for me.  It will go away for you too!

Keep going Live!

JBen,

Thank you so much for your encouraging words. It means so much to me. I am hoping soon, that things will change. Hugs!

LiveLife

Live I’m so sorry that I missed this! I’m not sure how. But I wanted to tell you that I know you’re struggling right now and it will lift away soon. Stay strong. Keep your mind busy with as much positive enjoyment as you can every day. One day soon you will notice that you are better than yesterday. This is a tricky road full of hills and valleys laden with big boulders we have to climb over. But hand in hand we will get through this maze of craziness. Every maze has a way out. Your brain is working hard to find the right path. Once it makes it out….it’s out!  :thumbsup:

Love ❤️ hugs 🤗 sweetie

• 2 weeks later...

LadyDen,

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. They always mean so much to me. I absolutely love your positivity. Right now I'm trying so hard to stay positive but this wave has lasted far too long and I definitely need a break. Hoping to turn a corner soon. I think you're in a wave right now yourself so I wish the same for you. Sending you much love and hugs!

LiveLife