1 month Benzo-free

[Se...]

Day 1-15 were not too bad. I expected worse, or I expected them to be hard. Day 15-19 I had 1 full window and windows every evening. Day 20-24 I got hit by real acute (drug left my system around day 20) AND my periods, double whammy, lots of difficulty. Day 25-30 solid evening windows, yesterday was nice, I felt 60% myself. Today I am ok, very tired. Appetite is very good, sleep average 5-6 hours a night.

Things I am doing:

- avoiding caffeine, dairy, MSG

- working out 45 mins a day, I either dance or go on runs

- read books and listen to music - will start a coursera soon

- positive affirmations

- Taking vitamin C 1000mg, fish-oil 1500, bacopa monnieri 50 and l-theanine 150 b complex every other day

Symptoms:

- anxiety + health ocd

- active mind and inner restlessness (less now; physical aka is gone)

- I don't like to get out of my comfort zone

- Cortisol rush morning is slightly better; bad mornings easier evenings

- Tinnitus and clogged ears, occasional head pressure

- Fatigue after meals

- Getting overwhelmed by big stressors/emotional situations - basically my regular baseline on steroids lol

- Skin burning

Whats gone: Palpitations, Air hunger, Pvcs, Tremors + Jitters + jerks, extreme visual darkness, HPPD, blurred vision, insomnia, loss of appetite, tachychardia, very violent panic attacks, sweating, muscular stiffness, dry mouth, hot and cold spells, monophobia, akathisia, mood Swings, DP/DR

Wow, its great you've been able to notice the symptoms that have left, to be able to see improvement this soon is wonderful.  I see you still have a ways to go but I'm hopeful you're going to get there sooner rather than later.  :thumbsup:

Thank you for this detailed report. as my jump approaches, I am glad to have a guide to expectations. Kinda scares me that significant symptoms can kick in a month after the jump ... makes sense though as your brain is rewiring. Thanks for the roadmap and congratulations on doing so well!

• 2 months later...

Wow congrats.

You were only on that long and had all those symptoms?  Did you CT?

I am on Valium for 13 years at 20mg.  I guess I have to go really slow.

• 5 weeks later...