The dizziness is gone

[gt...]

This is a huge milestone for me. I am almost certain it is temporary, but the dizziness is gone. For over 200 days (nearing the end of my taper and through post jump) I haven't had a single waking moment where I didn't feel some sort of dizziness. It has morphed so much since the beginning, but it has always been there. The sensation is difficult to describe so I just label it as dizziness, but it corresponds strongly to my movement. It is also related to a strange head pressure sensation, which gets worse when I move my eyes to either side. It's too bad this window wasn't 100%, because the internal tremor is really bothering me today. Nevertheless, wow, it's amazing to have the dizziness gone for even a few minutes. I don't want to get my hopes up, because I know this game well now, but I have had a really positive shift forward the past week or so. At present, I'm down to only a few symptoms (anxiety, internal tremor, and back pain).

Hi gtheo…

This is so good to hear and I can totally relate to your recovery of waves and windows. I too suffered the dizziness for years and it very slowly disappeared, i no longer have it at all! 

Hold on tight in their my friend, complete healing will come to you, one day everything will be in the past, it has for me as I’m just about healed now.

Good luck buddy…

Banana Man.

This is a wonderful milestone and even if it's temporary you know your brain is working to restore balance, I'm happy you've found some relief!  :)

gtheo it's really good to hear your good news and I so hope your lack of dizziness stays for good. I only get it very rarely lasting only a few moments each time  but I realise how very distressing it must be to have it longer - So here's hoping as said.

Thanks everyone for your kind words! Unfortunately, that little window didn't last long, but it was great to remember what it was like. That one symptom alone makes everything in life so much more difficult now. Once it's gone, things will be so much better for me.

Celebrate those windows, I know its rough when they close but that little taste of what life will be like when you recover is beautiful.  :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...
I understand, at 40 months off my dizziness, lightheadedness,  pins and needles, and cog fog all returned. I hope it's the last hoorah!

• 4 months later...

Hi gtheo…

This is so good to hear and I can totally relate to your recovery of waves and windows. I too suffered the dizziness for years and it very slowly disappeared, i no longer have it at all! 

Hold on tight in their my friend, complete healing will come to you, one day everything will be in the past, it has for me as I’m just about healed now.

Good luck buddy…

Banana Man.

So glad to see the dizziness symptom leave for people.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow Gtheo. You don’t know how bad us dizzy boaty unbalanced folks needed to hear this! I’m so thrilled for you to finally have relief. I’m still in hope that mine will finally leave as well. I’m praying yours is gone for good. And if it returns then at least you know it’s temporary and will leave again. As FP said.. a last hoorah before permanently leaving. I’m 25 1/2 months with this symptoms since the end of my taper. It is so debilitating. It’s been my experience too that it shifts around but does gradually very slowly improve. I also have had a few small short windows of it disappearing in the past 3 months. Wow they are epic moments!

Best wishes to you.