Many Years Benzo Free and Healed

[ez...]

Like many i was lead to benzos through the way of antidepressants. I was placed on paxil in 1996 and then completely cold turkeyed by doctor in 2000 after i had a bad reaction from drinking alcohol. The paxil  c/t started the most horrible panic attacks that lead another doctor to put me on xanax. I was on xanax about a year and a half and decided to ween off, and when i got to 1.5 mgs a day down from 4 mg,all hell broke loose. I didnt know what was going on. Spent 4 months in psyche hospitals being nothing short of tortured by them in w/d hell. I finally found benzouk.org and they saved my life. Started a year and a half taper. Became benzo free 1/5/2005. It then took me about another 3 years to heal, to the point i could somewhat function in life. I was on almost every ssri there was, 3 different benzos, and a slew of other psyche meds and bp meds. Thats the abbreviated version anyways. But the bottom line is you will heal. Stay the course time, patience, good nutrition, and walking is your friend.

Thank you for posting this hopeful story ❤️ It’s great for anyone who was polydrugged and hence doesn’t believe in healing.

Thank you for your success story it certainly keeps me going and I will certainly write one when my time is right to help keep others going.  I like you, was introduced to diazepam and zopiclone to manage the symptoms/side effects  of antidepressants.  I am now withdrawaing of  all of the,, I was also prescribed propronol for side effects from Benzos - you could not make it up.

Enjoy your life and everybody else going through this stay strong!!!