Four years free of Klonopin

[hi...]

:) This group many years ago helped me water detox from Klonopin and it was extremely helpful.

I did no completely stop and managed to use Klonopin infrequently prn to help with anxiety. I also drank and used pot addictively. I was totally free for a few months in O8 but anxiety reared it’s ugly head and I infrequently used Klonopin with great fear. I AM GRATEFUL it did NOT become problematic again.

Four years ago I put down the Klonopin for good and became a grateful member of a 12 Step fellowship and am 3 1/2 years sober and clean from all drugs and alcohol I had no idea that the 15 year daily use of Klonopin could be responsible for my anxiety, even after i detoxed in 08. Residual anxiety from benzos took a long time to heal, even with the aid of an SSRI. But the miracle will happen if you safely detox the way this group will help you with, and not play with the drug even a little.

I now want to come off my Lexapro which is not a drug of abuse, and may attempt a detox of that once I find some help like this group did for me!

You can do this!

Hitman60

Hello Hitman

Wonderful to hear your story and well done, it is so lovely to hear people recover.

I was on lexapro, coupled with minor use of zopiclone and diazepam for 4 months, if tapering of Lexapro is not done just like a Benzo, the symptoms can be just as horrific.  I know and would never want anybody to go through it. I would recommend you go on the website survivingantidepressants as they are like this site and will support you to withdraw with as little symptoms as possible.  It is only just becoming fully recognised (although it has been happening for 50 years) that SSRi's are difficult to withdraw from by medical professionals, in England medical guidelines have at last been changed to recognise it.

There is plenty of information on line, but be careful as with anything there are horror stories but survivingantidepressants is the site to go to.

I would not want you to have to endure another withdrawal.

Good luck and live a very happy life!!!! :)

Doesn't sound like a success story tbh.

You just replaced Klonopin with Lexapro and now you want to quit Lexapro.

Don't take any medications.

Experiment1996,

Your post is judgmental something we don’t do here, we also don’t tell others what medications they should or shouldn’t take, this is for them and their doctors to decide.  Please respect other members choices.

Pamster

Experiment1996,

Your post is judgmental something we don’t do here, we also don’t tell others what medications they should or shouldn’t take, this is for them and their doctors to decide.  Please respect other members choices.

Pamster

Should we just accept everything and not question anything critically ? This does not help anyone. It is an advise when I say someone should not take any medications. Don't know what's wrong about this.

Experiment1996,

Pamster

Should we just accept everything and not question anything critically ? This does not help anyone. It is an advise when I say someone should not take any medications. Don't know what's wrong about this.

Experiment1996,

You agreed to abide by the rules and policies of the forum when you joined, please familiarize yourself with them specifically this one.

Guidelines Regarding the Giving of Medical Advice

Our Mission Statement

BenzoBuddies: an inclusive, nonjudgmental mutual-support environment for those who wish to withdraw from benzodiazepines.

Members of the BenzoBuddies community are encouraged to exchange ideas, information and support during the process of withdrawal and recovery.

Although outside of the immediate scope of BenzoBuddies, members are free to discuss their wider medical problems and needs as they relate to benzodiazepine use and withdrawal.

Taking or quitting any medicine—including benzodiazepines—should be a personal decision made in consultation with a suitably qualified medical practitioner.

Through a peer-support model, we strive to help members achieve their goals.

• 2 months later...

His story is a major success!

I cannot get off Klonopin and would happily be able to clean of it and on Lexapro

Actually- I would say everyone here would stop all there meds if possible.

His story is a great one!