The Benzo Lawsuit that was Won recently in the USA video link

[Mi...]

Not sure where this goes, but wanted people to see it if it wasn't already posted here on the forum.

Here's the YouTube link for the Malpractice Settlement for Benzodiazepines recently won in the U.S. Interview with Kathi Donald.

Miss Fortitude: Please allow me add my thanks to Pamster’s for bringing this to our attention.

Although this video is long, it’s well worth watching.  Kathi Donald’s story is inspirational —  she is one courageous woman.  It’s also uplifting to to hear from a psychiatrist (Dr. Josef Witt-Doerring) who acknowledges and understands the harms caused by inappropriate prescribing/deprescribing of benzodiazepines.

PS 1: Dr. Witt-Doerring has indicated he will be interviewing Kathi’s attorney and plans to post the video in the near future.

PS 2: Dr. Witt-Doerring’s YouTube channel includes several other videos that may be of interest to members including:

Should I do a Hyperbolic Taper? What you need to know

Liquid tapers off psychiatric drugs - What you need to know

Thanks for sharing. I sued my doctor as well, but dropped it after a couple months due to stress. I had a docket number, I went through the proper motions, I was approved by the court for not having to pay court fees, but the online Pacer system was way too complicated for me and I wasn't an attorney, so it turned into too much stress.

For anybody out there considering lawsuits, be careful of fee shifting as well. We have a thing called the American rule in the American courts, that basically says the prevailing party can recover legal fees, even if it's in the hundreds of thousands. In other words, if you try to sue your doctor and you lose, you might end up with a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of debt and your credit might get ruined.

However if you already have ruined credit, I would say go for it. There's really nothing to lose if your credit is already bad, so the only thing you could gain is better finances. But my one tip for anybody considering it, don't waste your time calling a million law offices and talking to 10 million different paralegals, or you will end up wasting all your time on the phone instead of actually handling the issue in court. Lawyers are not authority figures, only the court can help you in a lawsuit.