Tenacious Tinnitus Club – Ear Pressure, Noise and Hyperacusis

[Bi...]

does anyone have this sizzling sound in the brain?

mine is getting worse as time goes by. sigh.

Yes, I got the sizzling/popping sound in my head, along with a really weird physical sensation. It got better when I took a vitamin recommended by my ENT: Lipoflaviniods. by "got better" I mean that it has completely gone away. From time to time I get a little popping, and there is a very quiet ringing that I can hear in the silence of the night, but not so loud that it bothers my sleeping.

does anyone have this sizzling sound in the brain?

mine is getting worse as time goes by. sigh.

Yes, I got the sizzling/popping sound in my head, along with a really weird physical sensation. It got better when I took a vitamin recommended by my ENT: Lipoflaviniods. by "got better" I mean that it has completely gone away. From time to time I get a little popping, and there is a very quiet ringing that I can hear in the silence of the night, but not so loud that it bothers my sleeping.

Interesting:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipoflavonoid

Loaded with vitamins B12 and B6

i'm going to try the ginkgo soon. which is the best brand? it's between the Jarrow and Nature's Way Ginkgogold.

i am excited about trying the ginkgo. i don't have any hopes about it but maybe just a little that some symptoms could get better.

I am taking a break from BB.  Holding has lifted my spirits.

See you guys next year.

Happy holidays.

Bird :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

:) I'm glad you're feeling better Birdie. Happy holidays and may Santa bring you a big sack of healing. ;D

Frosty the Snoball

Has anyone had any improvement with the lipoflavonoid (sp?) otc natural remedy? I have been using very low dose. Mclazine.( otc Bonnie) ..but sometimes I think it increases the brain fog. cooperten

Sorry...I missed NotGlee 's post before I posted my question....Glee...so glad to hear ( no pun intended..lol)...I am going to give it a try...Bird....thanks for this thread I think T is one of the flagstone. and persistant s/x....coop

Hi Birdy,

Sorry it took me so long to get here, I went mute for a few days.. :(

I only seem to have tinnitus when I take over the counter pain medications, I try to avoid them but sometimes I need something for pain and suffer through the tinnitus till it wears off. 

Molly :smitten:

Sorry...I missed NotGlee 's post before I posted my question....Glee...so glad to hear ( no pun intended..lol)...I am going to give it a try...Bird....thanks for this thread I think T is one of the flagstone. and persistant s/x....coop

You're welcome. I had a great deal of improvement while taking the Lipoflavinoids. I take as directed, three capsules per day (which I take all together just before bed). I've been taking it since mid-to-late September. There is no way to tell for sure if the improvement is from the vitamins or from my body recovering over the same stretch of time, but I do think they are related.

The reason I think they are is that I had improvement on the Lipoflaviniods after my ENT gave me a sample. Then, I ran out and it was three or four days before I found more in a drug store. During those four days, the ringing came back with a vengeance. Fortunately, after about a week and a half back on the vitamins, the ringing subsided and is now almost unnoticeable.

Since these vitamins are made to treat Meniere's disease, they probably only work on tinnitus caused by a very particular kind of chemical imbalance. I am sure they wouldn't work on any ringing from actual ear damage (from loud noises, etc), and if your tinnitus is from a slightly different constellation of chemical imbalance I guess it won't help. But it changed me from a crying, exhausted person who wondered whether I could survive this incessant noise in my ears to pretty-much-normal me. I think it is worth trying.

I am hoping that my body is recovering at the same time as I'm taking the Lipoflavinoids. In a few months, I'll try tapering off this to see whether the underlying problem is gone, but for the time being the peace of mind is really important to me. Being able to sleep helps my mood so much.

I hope that others who try the lipoflavinoids have luck, too. I suspect it's going to be a toss up, since all of us are different and this treats only a very particular cause of tinnitus. But for me, it paid off to try them.

This is very good news for me as I was prescribed ativan for Menniers vertigo ( wish my ENT would have tried the lipoflavinoids first...would have saved me a lot of heartache). If it was formulated for Menniers hopefully it will help also with dizziness ( probably asking too much). Some of my dizziness has returned with my jump off ( not the same intensity as mid-taper).

.......So glad for the information ...going out to find some lipoflavinoids...brand name?...thanks again Glee.....continued happy healing to you.....coop

This is very good news for me as I was prescribed ativan for Menniers vertigo ( wish my ENT would have tried the lipoflavinoids first...would have saved me a lot of heartache). If it was formulated for Menniers hopefully it will help also with dizziness ( probably asking too much). Some of my dizziness has returned with my jump off ( not the same intensity as mid-taper).

.......So glad for the information ...going out to find some lipoflavinoids...brand name?...thanks again Glee.....continued happy healing to you.....coop

It's called "Lipo-flavinoid Plus."

I definitely want to join this club!  Tinnitus has always been my worst symptom.  It made me extremely anxious, depressed, and unable to sleep...to the point that I didn't want to live anymore.  My story is a little different however; mine started with an episode of water intoxication and worsened after starting klonopin.  The tinnitus is finally starting to get better and I have had it long enough that I am starting to adjust to living with it and I can sleep now.  I have been working with some practitioners that have taught me that for many people, including me, that tinnitus is not just a physical symptom.  There is usually an emotional and/or spiritual component to tinnitus.  I am currently working on resolving these issues in my life.  I believe that resolving these issues, along with much better sleep, is what has helped to reduce my tinnitus.  I am holding onto hope that it will eventually go away.

By the way, don't forget I'm a lab rat too!  ;D

PD

Hmmmm . . . I'm not saying my tinnitus is not bad because it is, but if it were the only symptom that dragged on and on I would get down on my knees and say a prayer of gratitude. My other symptoms are so awful that I think of tinnitis as almost a part of me now. I really don't notice it much during the day, unless something specifically draws my attention to it, like writing about it just now. And at night it is masked by my white noise machine.

When I'm concentrating on other things, like writing (I write grant proposals for a living) I really don't notice the T.

The hyperacusis is absolutely awful but only tends to show up when my other symptoms (nausea, dizziness, flu) are so bad I have to go to bed. And those occasions, thank heavens, are getting a lot less frequent.

So on the whole I see improvement. Things are more bearable. I think splitting my dose about 2 weeks ago made things improve. They're not perfect yet, but I'm hopeful!!!

Okatz

Hi people :)

I have had on and off hyperacusis since i started on meds in 2010

IT seems to be related to my level of stress and sleep deprivation

I have to wear earplugs everyday for the last few months since it has gotten worse

Now not only is sound too loud, but there is a slight ringing/buzz too

Last year i spent some time on a board that talked about ways to help with it, I seem to recall something about pink noise machines...i will have to look it up again

The people in my life think im crazy, always asking me why the earplugs

I try to hide it with my hair now lol

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone's ear pain/pressure get worse at the end of the day say from 4 p.m. on?

Okatz

i don''t know if it's at a certain time, but i do get the ear pain/pressure. that really hurts. the ears are so sensitive. i got it bad one time when i walked down a hill and then on the way up, it felt like i had descended super fast and my ears were in so much pain, i was screaming.

How many have had their tinnitus gone after finishing with their taper?

My tinnitus goes form low to high and back depending on the day and general sxs but it's always there in the background at least. My worry is that it won't go away after I've tapered off completely.

I'm at .6 diazepam BTW as my sig reads.