Liquid/Alcohol valium

[Fl...]

Hi

I am doing a 14 day cycle. Where over the coarse of 10 days I am reducing by 0.25mg valium then holding for 4 days. Then repeating the 14 day cycle. I I have just completed the first 14 day cycle and starting the next. I am taking 1mg valium in the day. In tablet form. (2mg tablet cut in half) The 1mg I cut in half again and take 0.5mg on waking and 0.5mg at about lunch time. Of a night I am taking a home-brew liquid valium. The night dose I am reducing in the 14 day cycles. I am currently at 0.75mg at night and starting a 14 day cycle to reduce to 0.5mg. The liquid formula I am using is 5ml 95% alcohol and 15ml glycerol.  Then water to make up 60ml. Tablets dissolved in alcohol /glycerol first and then water mixed. Concentration of liquid is 0.25mg valium per ml. The question is when I take the liquid mix of a night I feel no seeming effect of the valium. Is this people's experience with this liquid preparation ? The tablet form of a morning I can always feel some degree of sedative effect after taking though nothing from the liquid preparation. Thanks :)

Hi

I am doing a 14 day cycle. Where over the coarse of 10 days I am reducing by 0.25mg valium then holding for 4 days. Then repeating the 14 day cycle. I I have just completed the first 14 day cycle and starting the next. I am taking 1mg valium in the day. In tablet form. (2mg tablet cut in half) The 1mg I cut in half again and take 0.5mg on waking and 0.5mg at about lunch time. Of a night I am taking a home-brew liquid valium. The night dose I am reducing in the 14 day cycles. I am currently at 0.75mg at night and starting a 14 day cycle to reduce to 0.5mg. The liquid formula I am using is 5ml 95% alcohol and 15ml glycerol.  Then water to make up 60ml. Tablets dissolved in alcohol /glycerol first and then water mixed. Concentration of liquid is 0.25mg valium per ml. The question is when I take the liquid mix of a night I feel no seeming effect of the valium. Is this people's experience with this liquid preparation ? The tablet form of a morning I can always feel some degree of sedative effect after taking though nothing from the liquid preparation. Thanks :)

Hello Floyd70.  To my knowledge, we don’t have any members who have experience with this do-it-yourself preparation.  Can you tell us more about the formula?  Did you develop it yourself?  Or is it documented in the literature?  If the latter, it would be helpful if you could share the citation(s)/reference(s) you used so we can investigate further.

It would also be helpful to know how many milligrams of valium tablet(s) you are using in the preparation.  15mg?  Do you shake the liquid well before measuring your dose? Also, how do you store this liquid?  For how many days?

ADDENDUM: I see you shared the formula you used to generate your modified formula in another post.  I’ve included it below so we’ll have everything in one place.

Diazepam tablets

Ethanol 95% 5 mL

Methylcellulose 1 g

Parabens 0.1 %

Glycerol 20 mL

Water to 100 mL

Expiry: 30 days

I see you omitted the parabens and the methylcellulose in your modified formula. My best guess is the parabens was included in the original formulation as an antimicrobial preservative.  Given that the liquid generated by the unmodified and untested formula is characterized as a suspension, not a solution — the methylcellulose may be functioning as a suspending agent (i.e. a viscosity-increasing agent used to reduce the sedimentation rate of drug and/or excipient particles that do not go into solution or precipitate out of solution in the liquid).

Hi.

Yes I essentially did some googling soon after first joining the site and reading of use of pure alcohol as a solvent.

I collated stiff from few things I found. Just trying to find them again...the link below has the formula I am using..

https://www.scribd.com/document/403187517/Compounded-Formula

I initially had 5mg tablets. So used 3x5mg in total liquid volume of 60ml. To provide 0.25mg per ml. This is the amount I have been trying to drop in my 14 day cycle. Of a night I am dosing 0.75mg with this liquid using 3ml. At the moment have started another cycle so will drop 0.1ml per day over 10 days. After which I should be at 0.5mg. Or 2ml of solution. As mentioned physically I cam feel no effects of this solution as apposed to daytime tablets. Fortunately to date  my withdrawal symptoms are not so difficult. I shake bottle and dose quickly just not completely convinced yet. Typically solution volume should last for 14 day cycle I have and then make another. Kept in fridge in brown glass medicine bottle.

Yes recon you are right regarding Methylcellulose and Parabens. The glycerol and alcohol/,ethonol are relatively easy to come across. I assume for commercial purposes the other two would be used.

Have something in back of my mind that the alcohol/glycerol content may not be suitable for myself.? That being said will go through next 14 day cycle with liquid I have already made and see where things are at.

Thank you for the additional information.

I believe the source of the original formulation included in the scribd doc you referenced is South Africa’s Department of Health.  (The formulation was removed from the fshealth.gov.za website a while back for unknown reasons.)

In case you missed it, I included an addendum to my original post.

A bit of other info cut and pasted from few places

Diazepam has a solubility in water of 0.05mg per mL; 41mg per mL in 95% ethanol and 17mg per mL in propylene glycol. In aqueous solution diazepam is relatively stable at pH 4 - 8 with maximum stability atabout pH 5.

Stability and solubility is increased in mixed solvent systems of water, ethanol and propylene glycol.

Diazepam oral liquid prepared from tablets in a syrup base with 30% propylene glycol and 5% ethanol was stable for at least 14 days at room temperature in amber glass bottles. The amount of propylene glycol in this formulation may be unacceptable. In the same study, a1mg per mL suspension compounded from tablets and unpreserved Syrup USP, was reported to bechemically stable, but dose uniformity may be erratic as the preparation is a solution/suspension diazepam.

stability of a diazepam oral liquid prepared from tablets containing 3.6% v/v of ethanol95% and 5% v/v of propylene glycol in a syrup base with 1% sodium carboxymethylcellulose and 2%magnesium aluminium silicate. The pH was adjusted to 4.2 with hydrochloric acid. The preparation wasstable for 60 days at room temperature or under refrigeration.Most tablet brands disperse rapidly and this option should be considered before making an oral liquid.The following formulation is based on published studies and stability data.

Formula

Diazepam Oral Liquid

Diazepam tablets qsEthanol 95% 5 mLMethylcellulose 1 gParabens 0.1 %Glycerol 20 mLWater to 100 mL

Expiry:

30 days.

Storage: Refrigerate

Shake well before use

Most of the diazepam may be in solution but this has not been validated. A suspending agent has been included in case some of the drug is in suspension.

Found these guides very helpfull

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=254653.2#post_hybrid

http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

Edit..

Believe following supps have helped as well

Fish oil more the merrier 3xday

Niacinamide 250mg x3 day

NMN 250mg x3 day

Multivitamin x1 dat

Dexamphetamine 5mgx3 day.

Liquid suspension diazapam formula works well.