balancing A.M and P.M. dose

[Bu...]

Hi Everyone, it's been a while since I posted anything. I've been tapering now for about 18 months. My starting point was 7mg Valium AM and 7mg Valium PM. I've been reducing very slowly, cutting 3% and holding for 3 or 4 weeks.I know that's not much of a cut but so far I haven't had any problems. Right now I'm at 2.46 mg AM and 5.12 mg PM. The PM is a higher dose intentionally my thinking being to help with getting better sleep. So I've been concerned lately if I might be in for problems when the AM is done and I only have the PM to carry me through. Should I hold the AM where it is until the PM comes low enough to equal the AM or does it really matter either way? I know everyone is different but has anyone had this question and how did you handle it? I've been thinking of cutting a larger % but then I think so far so good why mess with what's working. I am 78 if age plays a role in how to proceed. Other than a 16 year break I've been on some sort of benzos since the VietNam war. Thanks for reading this and if anyone has any ideas I'd much appreciate hearing them.

It looks like you’ve been successful in keeping your symptoms to a minimum, I’d say don’t mess with success.  The more you recover as you’re healing, the less you’ll face when off the drug so I’d continue at your current pace.

Your dosing schedule is completely up to you and your lifestyle and eventually, all of your doses will have to go.  If you’re concerned you can certainly concentrate of getting your morning and evening doses a bit more even but what you’re doing is what most do, use the drug to aid with sleep.

Many people have done well by keeping their doses as even as possible to maintain an even serum level of benzo throughout the day, but others have been able to cut one dose completely out and have done fine. You do what seems to make you feel the best. Like Pam said, if it ain't broke...