Cut and Hold Advice Please Help

[Cr...]

Hello. I’m about to start tapering again from .5mg. I bought a scale and a pill crusher. Does anyone have any advice on the easier way to do this? I’ve been taking .25mg in the morning and .25mg at night. 11am and 11pm.

One idea I have is to take one pill and crush it and divide it in half by weight and then remove 5-10% once a month. Does this sound like a good plan? Do I take off 5% from the morning dose and then 5% from the evening dose or do I just take the whole 10% off of one dose? Is there an easier way? Thank you.

You have a very good plan provided you do not get anxious about how the scale flutters about.  All scales have trouble at low weights.  If you try to be exact, you will create terrible stress and anxiety which then makes the withdrawal symptoms worse.

Take heart.  Benzos stay in the blood a long time.  So when you divide your dose in half, if you get a little more one dose and a little less the next dose, it averages out.

Yes - you can do 5-10% a month.

• 2 months later...
I use sandpaper to cut the pill as much as i need first then put it on a jewelry scale. you can get the measurements extremely precise. This post is from 3 months ago i hope your doing much better!