Need help planning a homemade liquid taper plan with diazepam

[...]

Dear Buddies,

I wish you all the best of health.

I humbly request anyone’s help to me develop a DLMT plan. Here are the details:

1. I am holding at 2.5mg diazepam from 5mg. I have been dry cutting using a scale all this time. It seems now it’s harder to make progress with dry cutting.

2. I only have 5mg tablets.  The manufacturer of my brand has stopped production, and the limited available tablets at my clinic expire this September.  However, I intend to use them even after the expiry dates. It is just that I will have a limited number of tablets that can be dispensed to me. I would say around 400 tablets left.  That’s what they have in stock in the clinic, and it seems that I may be the only one they dispense the medication to. I plan to do a slow long taper, around 1.5 to 2 years.

3. If doing DLMT, I do not want to use the throwaway excess and drink the remaining method as I want to use the same suspension several times to save tablets.

4. I am lactose intolerant, so I wonder if I can use coconut milk instead? I would not go the alcohol route and the PG soluble as they are expensive and hard to get here.

Please, if anyone can advise me on the method of doing this and come up with a taper calendar, I would be very grateful.

I wish the very best of health to everyone!

Much love.

I am not sure how to do the DLMT without throwing away the excess.  I mean, I could figure out the math, it is has risks.  I am not sure how long you can keep the liquid before bacteria sets in.

Perhaps you are making this too difficult.

Is it true you have 400 tablets left and you only use 1/2 a tablet per day?  That means you have 800 days to taper.  A good DLMT can be done in 90 days.  Or if you want to go real slow, perhaps 120 days.  Either day, you have plenty of drug.

Hi Bob,

Thank you so much for your input.

Yes, agree. I think it is quite difficult to attempt. I have been dry cutting all the way and was just thinking of doing DLMT as an option. Yes, I hope that I will have access to that number of tablets, which I need to refill every month until the brand is out of stock  :(

I will check out the drytapermath link in your signature and hope to improve my dry-tapering method.

Again, thanks for your response, and I wish you continuous good health  :)

Just FYI - The Dry Taper Link might seem a little overwhelming. 

Normally, before using the Dry Taper Link, people first get down to 1/8 of their benzo pill.

Cutting below 1/8 of a pill is difficult, even with a pill splitter.

So at the start of a taper, if using a pill splitter, I tell people to split the pills into 1/8 bits.  Then reduce by 1/8 and hold at least 14 days or after the symptoms are tolerable, whichever is longer.  Then reduce another 1/8 pill.  Do not worry about being exact with the 1/8 bits - it all averages out.

Then, when at the last 1/8 of a pill, if they don't want to just jump, then we use the Dry Taper link.

Hi Dila, I have no experience with this myself because I'm on liquid rivotril but I think old buddy Builder had a method for not throwing away the leftovers. Just take what you need out and keep the rest. Perhaps searching his old posts might be useful?

Hi Dila, I have no experience with this myself because I'm on liquid rivotril but I think old buddy Builder had a method for not throwing away the leftovers. Just take what you need out and keep the rest. Perhaps searching his old posts might be useful?

Except for Bob7 is correct in that we have no idea if the prepared liquid will remain stable. I believe some members feel comfortable using their liquid for a week but I'd hate to see anyone suffer because they made trusted a method where assumptions were made.

Normally, before using the Dry Taper Link, people first get down to 1/8 of their benzo pill.

So at the start of a taper, if using a pill splitter, I tell people to split the pills into 1/8 bits.  Then reduce by 1/8 and hold at least 14 days or after the symptoms are tolerable, whichever is longer.  Then reduce another 1/8 pill.  Do not worry about being exact with the 1/8 bits - it all averages out.

Then, when at the last 1/8 of a pill, if they don't want to just jump, then we use the Dry Taper link.

Yes, I've watched the videos and found them quite overwhelming  :-[

You have probably explained this somewhere, but I was wondering why you have to mix the medication with microcrystalline cellulose?

Anyhow, I thank you so much for your input and wish you the best of health  :)

Hi Cocodot,

I wish you in good health. Thank you for your response  :).

I will check out Builder's old posts.  :thumbsup:

All the best in your taper!

Except for Bob7 is correct in that we have no idea if the prepared liquid will remain stable. I believe some members feel comfortable using their liquid for a week but I'd hate to see anyone suffer because they made trusted a method where assumptions were made.

Hi Pamster,

I just want to give you a big hug for always being there and looking out for us on the forum  :hug:

I'll keep in mind of your precaution  :)

May you always be blessed with good health :smitten:

Yes, I've watched the videos and found them quite overwhelming  :-[

You have probably explained this somewhere, but I was wondering why you have to mix the medication with microcrystalline cellulose?

Anyhow, I thank you so much for your input and wish you the best of health  :)

You mix with microcrystalline cellulose to bring the weight up to a point where the scale works better.  When you get to very tiny bits of your pill, the scales do not register tiny reductions very well.

Is this no longer an option for beginners like myself, that I found in Colin's article below, although it was written in 2007?

Basically it says for us to send in our idea of how we want to taper and someone will make a taylor-made table for us?

I've been trying to figure out my own and my brain is fogged I guess you would say so any tools I can get here on BB would be so appreciated.  I've ordered a Measuring Cylinder kit, and have to figure what to taper off each day and keep track on a spreadsheet, or something if I can't get that figured out, or one made for me.

Thanks in advance for any help.  I think our moderators have their hands full here it looks like, but there is a lot of written info in the repository section I've used, but have to fill in some of the blanks I haven't found yet :)

oregonlady,

I recommend you do a liquid taper first.  If that fails, you can try more complex methods.

Here is how it works.

Assume you want to be done in 180 days.  First, find a jar that will hold 180 mL of water (about 6 ounces).

I also assume you are currently at 0.75 mg of Clonazepam.

Each day, do this:

Add 0.75 mg of Clonazepam to the jar.

If desired, add a few drops of vodka to help break it up.  If you skip this step, you need to stir harder.

Add 180 mL of water and stir very well.

Taper:

Day 1, remove 1 mL of the mixture and drink the rest

Day 2, remove 2 mL of the mixture and drink the rest

Day 3, remove 3 mL of the mixture and drink the rest

Continue for 180 days.

Note - you can drink it all at once or as needed during the day to even out your symptoms.

When the jar is empty, add rinse water and drink the rinse water.

Good luck.

Bob

Thank you Bob, I've seen this method several places but it confuses me.  I did order the little kit with the measuring cylinders, droppers and cleaning brushes. 

The big jar I don't think I need as but not sure.  Do I have to mix my full dose in so much water, as I can actually just put a clonazapam in under my tongue, they don't taste bad at all to me, not candy but I can do that.  Why all the water for one dose at a time I plan to make each day?

Maybe I'm missing something important but like I said, that process confuses me and I only have 1 mg per day, now I'm down to .75 mg but I think that's too much.  One thing I read was I could take .1 out each day of my dose and do a super slow taper which is all I want to do.  I don't want another numbness episode  :thumbsup:

You mix with water so you can remove a little each day to have a slow taper.

Watch this video to help you understand.

Ok bob, I will watch it now and thanks so much.  I don't know why it seems so difficult to me unless that big jar mean I need to add a bunch of doses, which I only want to do one at a time to keep it all fresh.  I'll be back after I watch the vid ;) denise

Ok, it finally sunk in Bob, I'd seen her earlier today but I'm glad you had me watch again, thank you.  I'm only going to do one dose a day, all I've ever done, and I so how do I determine how much water?  I'm trying to cancel the order for  the measuring cylinders Colin mentions in his instruction, but the video seems much easier now that I get it.  All I need is the amount of water, and a syringe that is labeled so I can take just a teenie bit first day.

I think I should start again from .75 mg which I've been on a week and feel ok.  Am I understanding correctly that each day I'll take double the amount out, I mean .1 first day, second day .2 ( I think I'm failing math here)??

Success Stories or Personal stories of the folks that built this forum, one of those stories the guy did it in just under a year I think he said.

Ok, it finally sunk in Bob, I'd seen her earlier today but I'm glad you had me watch again, thank you.  I'm only going to do one dose a day, all I've ever done, and I so how do I determine how much water?  I'm trying to cancel the order for  the measuring cylinders Colin mentions in his instruction, but the video seems much easier now that I get it.  All I need is the amount of water, and a syringe that is labeled so I can take just a teenie bit first day.

I think I should start again from .75 mg which I've been on a week and feel ok.  Am I understanding correctly that each day I'll take double the amount out, I mean .1 first day, second day .2 ( I think I'm failing math here)??

Success Stories or Personal stories of the folks that built this forum, one of those stories the guy did it in just under a year I think he said.

Hey, you said you cut 0.25 a week ago.  That is a 25% cut.  You should hold that level for at least 2 more weeks before you start the liquid taper.  Otherwise, you might get fooled when symptoms start.

The amount of water depends on how long you want to taper.

If you want to taper for 6 months (recommended for you), then since 6 months is 180 days, use 180 mL of water.

Hey, you said you cut 0.25 a week ago.  That is a 25% cut.  You should hold that level for at least 2 more weeks before you start the liquid taper.  Otherwise, you might get fooled when symptoms start.

The amount of water depends on how long you want to taper.

If you want to taper for 6 months (recommended for you), then since 6 months is 180 days, use 180 mL of water.

Ok, a lightbulb just went on, does the amount of water have to do with distributing the tablet?  I don't get that unless it's what titration means, and I wondered why they just didn't say just add some water so it's liquid to suck up in the syringe.

yes I agree about the .75 I'm on now, hate to wait longer but it will be safer for me I'm sure to wait til my refill is do on 25th, geesh, sound forever but time flies ;)