not liking this

[ju...]

well i think i am feeling the effects of the tapering . don't think i like it. i  am really depressed and tired.

i was excepted into  outpatient treatment center that starts next week. I will go 3 times a week and then i have a councilor i will see once a week.    

This really depresses me. i never thought i  would end up in a  treatment center, they will be helping with my recovery in alcohol and also this.

I just feel real sad and alone :'(

hugs

carol

Your not alone! WE're all here for you. This might be a good thing for you. It's not inpatient so thats good.

I know the wd symptoms suck but they will be over when we get off this poision. We all have our bad days when tapering.

Amanda  :smitten:

Amanda's right...you are not alone at all.  Heck, I never thought I'd ever check myself into a psych hospital....but sometimes we all need a little help.  Don't feel sad about this...you are doing something to help yourself and that's a good thing!

Love,

Jen

I did a partial program and it started me on the road to recovery. I didn't agree with a lot of stuff they said, and they certainly didn't understand benzo addiction, but it did get me out of the house.  :thumbsup:

Hi carol

I'd just like to say I know how you feel about being sad and alone. I feel the same and I also feel that no-one understands.

I know people do on this site but its not the same as having someone be there for you in person.

I don't know your story but I was a drug abuser for 18 years (mostly amphetamines) and then I started abusing valium for 3 years and have been trying to get off it with assisitance from the doctor since last July. I cut myself off from all my partying friends and moved house and have found it very difficult to make new friends since then, I feel really alone because of this but I don't want to go back to my old lifestyle. I haven't touched any drugs except valium and some other prescribed drugs since the taper began.

I have been through hell and back since last summer. I have an addiction worker and a cognitive behaviour therapist I see weekly. I was supposed to go into rehab for 6weeks last Autumn but I made up all sorts of excuses to get out of it. In hindsight I wish I had gone in but finally now I do seem to be getting better.

The people on here are so understanding and caring, it has helped me a lot; although I am still really sad just now - I will finally be free from valium in a few weeks!! 

Let us know how you get on with the treatment centre and counsellor. Hopefully it'll help you  :thumbsup:

:smitten:

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but...

bluechinchilla, I can definitely relate to what you're going through.  I've had to drop all of my friends after I quit doing drugs (dissociatives, opiates, psychedelics, cocaine) and started tapering.  Luckily I have an old old friend I've known since grade school that's 100% drug free and never has done drugs (except doctor prescribed ones which he's had a bad experience with and is now clean) and it is tremendous help to know someone that's "normal" and still wants to share my company (and offers a new perspective on life). 

Carol, depression has been pretty bad at times for me.  I found exercise helps heaps.  I'd keep it low-impact though because benzos do weird things to your joints and muscles.

It will. Just try to hang in there a little longer, ok? You'll be better again and live and full active happy life once off this crap!

Amanda  :smitten:

Carol,

I have been where you are sweetie...I promise it gets better.  I didn't think I would live through it...but low and behold...I did...and I'm living a very active healthy life.  You will too...hang in there!

Love,

Jen