Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Crazy Quad Muscles

[Pi...]

Going in to my eighth month cold turkey after 4 years of occasional low dose (1/4 to 1/2 mg to sleep). Anxiety still strong but manageable for the most part. Was curious if anyone else has experienced this. From the day I stopped the Xanax I noticed my leg muscles especially my Quads didn't look right. Also when I would squat or put any strain on them there was literally waves of pulsations through the muscles and a lack of strength. Had Jelly legs for at least 2 years and thought I was just getting old (I'm 67). It was hard to walk more than a couple blocks. The weird thing was I could ride my bike (which I have done all my life) long distances without many problems other than constant panic feelings. Most days I can now walk half of my neighborhood without any major issues. I'm also getting back into he gym now and weight lifting. The muscles are getting stronger but now my shins and knees are killing me at times. Had none of this before CT. The weight lifting revers me up and increases anxiety but by the middle of the following day I feel better. Makes for a tough night trying to sleep. Head is clearer and less fatigued. Then by night time I'll get lots of sinus pressure and my dry eyes get much worse. In three or four days I'll be back at the gym and the cycle starts over again. Been averaging 5 days a week walking. Things seem to get a little better with each cycle but improvement is painfully slow with setbacks. I used to have the frozen lower legs which has gotten better. Now Its just my feet. Any ideas on how to speed up the recovery process or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.