Reinstating to take meds

[In...]

I was wondering if anyone who has had setbacks from meds (Tylenol, antibiotics, propranalol, etc.) was able to take them again after reinstating.

I’m guessing this doesn’t work, but thought I might ask if anyone has experienced this.

Thanks

Ah thank you that’s good to know.

Did you have problems when not on them?

For example I’m guessing what I’m wondering is if someone has had a setback from some med while not ok a benzo, and then tried it again after reinstating.

Yeah I’m considering it as a last resort :/. Thank you for the response & link.

I’m 6 years out and have setbacks to just about everything. Every med, supplement, even some foods.

The setbacks don’t last that long and I’m nearly 100% healed in between, but I’ve recently been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis.

Im going to have to go on meds for it, but if they cause a setback I’m in big trouble, so if that happens the only thing I can do is try to reinstate and pray it allows me to take the meds.

Also to note - I was on a substance called 1,4-butanediol and not benzos. It’s a GABAb agonist so I’m considering reinstating on baclofen, and if that doesn’t work maybe even back on 1,4-butanediol.

I’m not hopeful, and am guessing either way I’m going to be in big trouble, but thought I might see if there could be a chance.

Dear inexplicable,  I am sorry to hear you're in such a difficult position. I'm not familiar with those drugs,  maybe people in the "other meds" section of the forum have more answers:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=60.0

But if they act in a similar way to benzos you might be in trouble.

I can't tell you what to do, I can only tell you that after reinstating I hit tolerance very fast.  And now I am facing a very long and difficult taper.  You can read more about my experience here:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=275347.msg3437736#msg3437736

Also the user Leanne reinstated recently and she's not feeling well either:

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=275110.msg3438114#msg3438114

Maybe you can a try very small dose of the psoriasis medication to see how it makes you feel?

I am 4 years out and had a setback from Covid and now even Tylenol revs up my symptoms.  I have not considered reinstating the valium but did have to take a small dose of Ativan prior to surgery to bring my blood pressure down and didn't have a reaction.  I had Covid end of October 2022 and my setback has been 3 months.

Thanks for the responses.

Yeah I’ve heard all GABAergic drugs can cause tolerance so I’m definitely worried.

I’m planning on trying a small dose of the meds and praying they don’t cause any issues.

If they do though I’m not sure what I’m going to do

if you feel mostly healed in between, imo don't reinstate, you could try the drug for arthritis first, if doesn't go well, you could also try valproic acid or pregabalin, the latter being the worst to get off, every of this drugs are hard to get off, pregabalin probably worst than valproic acid, which is also gabaergic by other mechanisms, so it could maybe work with your sensitivity, reinstating on a benzo or gaba b agonist imo is not a good idea

Thank you Deniz that does make sense.

That’s definitely something I’m considering actually good idea, may try other meds like that first if I’m not able to take the arthritis drug.

what is the drug? maybe the drug lowering inflammation and histamine could even help you, who knows, if I had to choose between pregabalin and valproic acid, I would choose the latter, not on insane doses, 125 or 250mg