Author Topic: Ketamine  (Read 2514 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Ketamine
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2022, 11:23:58 am »
I have used it and I think it's amazing. Very effective. Best of all, no side effects.

Did you start infusions after tapering off all meds?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Ketamine
« Reply #31 on: December 07, 2022, 08:59:08 pm »
I have used it and I think it's amazing. Very effective. Best of all, no side effects.

Did you start infusions after tapering off all meds?

No I started getting infusions while still on meds. I was on 8 total medications at the start of infusions. I had such an amazing uplift in depression symptoms that I used the treatments to bolster me as I tapered off the medications. I had a psychiatrist supervising and prescribing me lower doses of medications for the taper, and admittedly he had never done it before and really didn't know what he was doing regarding tapering.

However, I used the ketamine to get me through getting off the 7 medications but I left the benzo for last. I rapid tapered the benzo and went through complete and utter hell and cognitive impairment and the ketamine was no longer useful during that stage. My neurotransmitters were so damaged that they couldn't receive the ketamine and do what they do.

As the years have progressed, I am finding ketamine useful again.
I hope that helps.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.