Author Topic: Ketamine  (Read 1550 times)

[Buddie]

Ketamine
« on: June 08, 2022, 05:20:42 pm »
Has anyone here used Ketamine and had success?

I think I am going to try it for my depression.

Thank you.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Ketamine
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2022, 11:31:46 pm »
There are lots of threads about Ketamine so if you don't get many replies I'd use this search tool, you may find some good information.  I know there is a lot of interest in this for depression lately, even in conventional medicine with many studies being conducted.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=251991.0
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2022, 11:47:28 pm »
There are lots of threads about Ketamine so if you don't get many replies I'd use this search tool, you may find some good information.  I know there is a lot of interest in this for depression lately, even in conventional medicine with many studies being conducted.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=251991.0
Thanks [...].

I did use the search function and read through a lot of posts and threads but they were mostly if not all from 8 years or so ago.
I was reading aome articles, posts and looked at some youtube videos. So many things out there to affect the brain.....it is kind of overwhelming. I wish I had never messed with my brain with any pills ever which is a pretty typical feeling.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2022, 03:05:49 am »
I have used it and I think it's amazing. Very effective. Best of all, no side effects.

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2022, 02:42:49 pm »
I have used it and I think it's amazing. Very effective. Best of all, no side effects.
Thanks for the response!

Did you have an infusion? Or the spray or pills?

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2022, 02:48:35 pm »

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2022, 04:25:11 pm »
Thanks for the response!

I used the infusions. My infusions lasted about 45-50 minutes with a 10 minute or so comedown. They offer longer infusions for very resistant depression as well. I just saw that esketamine (nasal spray) is being offered through the clinic but I don't know enough about it yet. I just don't like the idea of having to use something every day, which reminds me too much of what got me onto this website...daily meds. I can use ketamine infusions whenever I feel the need. I haven't heard of ketamine pills, but I am not surprised if they made them. Its all about finding out what works for you. It is nice to have options!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2022, 05:11:28 pm »
Thanks for the response!

I used the infusions. My infusions lasted about 45-50 minutes with a 10 minute or so comedown. They offer longer infusions for very resistant depression as well. I just saw that esketamine (nasal spray) is being offered through the clinic but I don't know enough about it yet. I just don't like the idea of having to use something every day, which reminds me too much of what got me onto this website...daily meds. I can use ketamine infusions whenever I feel the need. I haven't heard of ketamine pills, but I am not surprised if they made them. Its all about finding out what works for you. It is nice to have options!
Interesting.

I haven't really tried any anti-depressant medicines except for Effexor long ago. I did not like it at all.
This website has truly frightened me from pretty much all pills.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2022, 06:12:53 pm »
I'm sorry we've frightened you away from pills, I used Prozac after two family losses in a short amount of time and found it very helpful.  I don't suffer with chronic depression but wanted to let you know that short term, at least for me was successful. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2022, 06:15:23 pm »
I'm sorry we've frightened you away from pills, I used Prozac after two family losses in a short amount of time and found it very helpful.  I don't suffer with chronic depression but wanted to let you know that short term, at least for me was successful.
Thank.you.

Feeling lost sitting out in the Texas heat.