Depression sux

[co...]

I suffer from depression.  I'm finding out that that depression is more of an issue for me then anxiety is.  I've suffered from it for years.  But, it got way worse when all this covid stuff started.  I've become isolated.  It's hard to get anything done these days. i would rather just hide at home behind my computer. I can't sit still to read. Something I used to love doing.  I'm really negative.  Tired all the time.  No interest in doing anything fun these days.  It's an effort to live each day.  I know what to do to get better, but I'm too lazy to do it.  Scared as well.  I'm on Cymbalta. But, I'm on 8 psych meds. My psych doctor told me the combo of meds I'm on is making the depression/anxiety worse.  I'm currently weaning off klonopin. I started 3 weeks ago. So far, no major issues. Just some dizziness, nausea ,sweating, headaches, sinus issues, etc.  I'm just waiting for the real side effects of withdrawal to hit.  I was on 2mg and doctor put me down to 1.5mg.  I know that's a huge drop.  He's keeping me on this dose for another month.  Then dropping to 1.25mg.  This is all depressing.  I feel like I can't go out these days...due to dizziness/nausea. He presribed meds for both though, but the dizziness med makes me so dizzy.  Depression is hard.

The dizziness medication makes you dizzy, isn't that just the way it goes with these darn drugs?  >:( 

I had a brief taste of depression when I stupidly started taking Ambien and it gave me empathy for what you live with, I'm so sorry.  It's a terrible thing to wake up each day and wish you could go back to sleep, at least that's what it did to me, I've never known such darkness.  Can you get outside for brief walks, I found this helped me get through some of my worst moments.

I wish there was an easier way out of this mess but I'm certain that Klonopin is helping fuel your depression and hope that once its gone yours will become more manageable.  I'm glad you're here, please keep talking to us.

Pamster, go figure with the dizziness meds. LOL I saw that on the bottle.  Makes no sense.  Makes me really tired.

I'm also taking zofran for the nausea. That works okay.

Depression sux. I suffer more so from depression than I do with anxiety. But, my old nurse practioner thought I "needed" it. I had no clue how bad benzos are until now.