The Long Hold Support Group

[os...]

Thank you fruity pop! I am also super sensitive and have had to work hard to try and keep the same brands. Hence my concern about liquid as well.

Anyone got examples of a valium solid table taper please?

I take Librium now my pills are a powder in capsules so I cut them open weigh the powder and then recapsule it. When I was on k I did a combo of cutting and filing that worked pretty well. There is also a YouTube video on crushing your klonopin into powder and then weighing the powder that might be good but I would give yourself time to adjust to crushed medication if that is what you do because I believe it is metabolized faster but I am very sensitive to any change. Also bob07 on here has a method you may want to look into. Liquid maybe great for you just I couldn’t do it.

Missy are you planning on trying a daily micro taper? If you are under support groups there is a daily micro taper group they can help you. With math and weight!

I will have a look - thank you.

I wonder did anyone low moods lift after a hold?

Thank you fruity pop! I am also super sensitive and have had to work hard to try and keep the same brands. Hence my concern about liquid as well.

I take Librium now my pills are a powder in capsules so I cut them open weigh the powder and then recapsule it. When I was on k I did a combo of cutting and filing that worked pretty well. There is also a YouTube video on crushing your klonopin into powder and then weighing the powder that might be good but I would give yourself time to adjust to crushed medication if that is what you do because I believe it is metabolized faster but I am very sensitive to any change. Also bob07 on here has a method you may want to look into. Liquid maybe great for you just I couldn’t do it.

Missy are you planning on trying a daily micro taper? If you are under support groups there is a daily micro taper group they can help you. With math and weight!

Do you mean cutting the pill  and hold for a while as I am doing? If so look here if its % your looking for when cutting the this will help  http://www.benzobuddies.org/benzodiazepine-withdrawal-methods/direct-.

I personally cut .25 or mostly  .5mg by eye balling with a pill cutter when I am ready as I am never stabilised no matter what I do  and I tried every possible type of taper under the sun right down to liquid and daily micro taper, solid pill and liquid micro, weighing the pills, crushing the pills  etc, etc  . I don't go by % either.

Nova  :smitten:

Day 4, panic attack burning everywhere and continually burning thighs since it started, hate periods

I too hate it. My symptoms comes like hurricane

Im holding because I still have no appetite and food sensitivities. It has been 4 months since my setback no waves or windows. Does this improve by waiting? Did anyone do anything that helped this?

I will have a look - thank you.

I wonder did anyone low moods lift after a hold?

My mood/depression has gotten better as I've gotten lower in dose. Holding did not seem to help me much recently when life events became very stressful. I held for about a week and then just started cutting again. The GI symptoms I was trying to eliminate with the hold got better after I started cutting again. You just never know. Sometimes a hold will help things. Everyone is different (mileage may vary).

I cut and file my tablets currently and weigh them. I'm afraid crushing tablets and encapsulating, while it would likely make my dosing more accurate, will change the pharmacokinetics of the medicine, which I seem to be very sensitive to. This is why liquids didn't work for me.

Hello,

I haven't been feeling well since the beginning of my withdrawal, I had to increase the doses twice, my symptoms are mostly psychological, anxiety, agoraphobia, intrusive thoughts, I can't work anymore, for a week I have nerve pain in the back hands and legs.

I start holding15 days ago, I still don't feel any improvement, do you think hold  can help me with my psychological symptoms?

Thank you

xavier

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies, I used to be on this thread a lot and wanted to come back and tell you that ramping up of symptoms due to my period is a thing of the past. It really does even out and get better so hang in there all. I know it doesn’t seem like it while in the throes of this but it really will lift and get better ❤️‍🩹

Thank you so much for that reassurance!  I'm sure we all need it.  This takes so long and can be so incredibly discouraging. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ladies, I used to be on this thread a lot and wanted to come back and tell you that ramping up of symptoms due to my period is a thing of the past. It really does even out and get better so hang in there all. I know it doesn’t seem like it while in the throes of this but it really will lift and get better ❤️‍🩹

Thank you so much for this post. I m feeling low about my symptoms during my period every month. After reading your post I am hopeful that I will be fine too one day

Hi girls just posting this for Bess…. She’s locked out of her account needs some advice

Thanks.  If you could please ask if anyone has had any success with Hormones for perimenppsuse - that I accidentally hit my head & since then have had my period every 2 weeks for 2 weeks & before my period & during is a whole new kind of hell. Which HRT not to touch & which ones have people had better experiences on - thank you so so much -

Any advice for her re hormones?

• 2 weeks later...

I read your post and I am really feeling your pain.  I remember when this nightmare started I knew the only way to get through was to avoid any all other medications.  I was having reactions to everything I took.

I saw an endocrinologist at John Hopkins that wanted me to start estrogen/progesterone as I had a rare case of menopause where my body had no detectable estrogen.  He mentioned that I would have to adjust the benzodiazepine down, but could not tell me how much.  I inquired with my primary doctor and functional doctor and no one knew.  That set off an alarm for me.  I opted out of taking anything until I came off the benzodiazepine.  I believe this saved me a lot of unnecessary suffering.

My best advice would definitely be to hold.  Hold until you feel completely stable…it may be a while.

My heart goes out to you.  It is such a nightmare trying to navigate these drugs on your own and it’s disturbing how they  impact everyone so differently.

Best of luck..

I think your body needs time to adjust,  that can take some time when you are dealing with hormones.  Don't panic about about the increase in symptoms, I honestly believe this will pass.

I would suggest eating as healthy as possible, maybe juicing to be sure your body is getting the nutrients to balance hormones out naturally.  I watched a UTUBE video a woman made after tapering off a benzodiazepine, she said in the video she made the  mistake of going on progesterone after the taper, she had the same response you are having. 

I found out I have Hashimoto's disease (thyroid).  I have realized that absolutely everything I ingest has an impact.  I am very mindful and stay away from caffeine, alcohol and all other stimulants.  I am not willing to take any chances at this point (I am eight months post taper).

With all the symptoms you describe below it sounds like you may be having a thyroid issue.  Please be sure to have your B12 checked, mine was dangerously low when I began having nerve pain, no sleep etc.  Just a thought.

With all that said, I think you are going to be ok.  Just give things some time to settle down.

• 2 weeks later...
Through a simple but catastrophic mistake this thread and the Menstrual Support Group were merged and all of the subject titles were changed to The Long Hold Support Group making it impossible to disentangle them.  However, its still possible to search by member name to find relevant posts. 

[be...]