Survey about SSRI and what you learned about sleep

[...]

I have anxiety and light depression.  My issues are sleep and some headaches/lightheadedness.

My therapist says an SSRI might help but it could take a couple of weeks to start working. 

QUESTION:

Did you notice any improvement in your sleep after starting an SSRI?

hey bob7.. are you free from benzos since 2018? after 13 years of use? and are you on any other drug ? besides of the current anxiety are you able to function?

hey bob7.. are you free from benzos since 2018? after 13 years of use? and are you on any other drug ? besides of the current anxiety are you able to function?

Yes, free of Benzo for over 3 years after 13 years of use.  I recently tried Buspar and stopped it.  No other drugs.  I function fine except for anxiety induced insomnia and minor headaches/lightheadedness.

i get it, IMO even 3 years being a lot i belive your still in recovery and your anxiety is a ongoing symptom of this damage, and again imo ..  dont sensitize more your central nervous system with antidepressants..

giving a shot on dao enzymes or compounds like emoxypine succinate, milkthistle,  noopept in low doses as 5 mg to see how you feel would be a lot safer ..

i cant speak for experience because i didnt used this compounds yet but my guess is they are much safer than trying antidepressants or any kind of psychiatric drug..

and i belive you are still recovering from this brain damage,as an example meganz who had symptoms until 48 months..  take care and stay strong

I see you point Denizthekid,

But I feel like I have low serotonin and SSRI are suppose to correct it.

Perhaps I will try Tryptophan first.  Has anyone used Tryptophan?

Bob

I'm so sorry you are having problems sleeping Bob7.  Persistent insomnia really sucks the joy out of life.  One wonders which came first - not sleeping well caused your low mood or the altered mood is contributing to not sleeping well.

I had terrible insomnia my first year off benzos.  I finally caved and asked my doctor for an Rx for Trazodone.  I had to work up the courage to take it but I'm glad I did because it turned the tide for me.  I only take 12.5mg at bedtime and perhaps any effect I get is purely placebo but whatever the case, it really helped me over the hump.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you feel better soon.  :thumbsup:

I have some Trazodone left over from years ago.  Thanks for reminding me.  I will get Trazodone another think.