Author Topic: Survey about SSRI and what you learned about sleep  (Read 403 times)

[Buddie]

Survey about SSRI and what you learned about sleep
« on: April 02, 2022, 04:08:22 pm »
I have anxiety and light depression.  My issues are sleep and some headaches/lightheadedness.

My therapist says an SSRI might help but it could take a couple of weeks to start working. 

QUESTION:
Did you notice any improvement in your sleep after starting an SSRI?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Survey about SSRI and what you learned about sleep
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 02:37:27 am »
hey [...].. are you free from benzos since 2018? after 13 years of use? and are you on any other drug ? besides of the current anxiety are you able to function?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 03:24:09 am »
hey [...].. are you free from benzos since 2018? after 13 years of use? and are you on any other drug ? besides of the current anxiety are you able to function?
Yes, free of Benzo for over 3 years after 13 years of use.  I recently tried Buspar and stopped it.  No other drugs.  I function fine except for anxiety induced insomnia and minor headaches/lightheadedness.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 05:12:54 am »
i get it, IMO even 3 years being a lot i belive your still in recovery and your anxiety is a ongoing symptom of this damage, and again imo ..  dont sensitize more your central nervous system with antidepressants..

giving a shot on dao enzymes or compounds like emoxypine succinate, milkthistle,   noopept in low doses as 5 mg to see how you feel would be a lot safer ..

i cant speak for experience because i didnt used this compounds yet but my guess is they are much safer than trying antidepressants or any kind of psychiatric drug..

and i belive you are still recovering from this brain damage,as an example meganz who had symptoms until 48 months..  take care and stay strong

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 03:11:06 pm »
I see you point [...],

But I feel like I have low serotonin and SSRI are suppose to correct it.

Perhaps I will try Tryptophan first.  Has anyone used Tryptophan?

Bob

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2022, 04:38:14 pm »
I'm so sorry you are having problems sleeping [...].  Persistent insomnia really sucks the joy out of life.  One wonders which came first - not sleeping well caused your low mood or the altered mood is contributing to not sleeping well.

I had terrible insomnia my first year off benzos.  I finally caved and asked my doctor for an Rx for Trazodone.  I had to work up the courage to take it but I'm glad I did because it turned the tide for me.  I only take 12.5mg at bedtime and perhaps any effect I get is purely placebo but whatever the case, it really helped me over the hump.

Whatever you decide to do, I hope you feel better soon.   :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2022, 05:26:49 pm »
I have some Trazodone left over from years ago.  Thanks for reminding me.  I will get Trazodone another think.