Author Topic: Intense constant feelings of dread  (Read 1012 times)

[Buddie]

Intense constant feelings of dread
« on: February 07, 2022, 10:50:24 pm »
Hey everyone,

So here I am on my taper down to .45mg of Klonopin from 2-3mg a day and the way Iím feeling seems to be ramping up. This feeling of extreme dread is behind just about every thought from going to the other room to when Iím driving and I imagine whatís on the other end of the road. Itís like my mind is just bombarding itself with this dreadful negative dysphoria that I canít seem to shut off. I made it down to .55mg with what I would consider minimal issues compared to this last months experience. Iím feeling lost and hopeless even though I know thatís not the truth. Has anyone else handled a similar experience? It hasnít been this brutal until now!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Intense constant feelings of dread
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 12:02:59 am »
Yes, depression can be part of this. maybe a non stimulating AD might settle you down and boost your mood and cut off the racing thoughts
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 05:00:27 am »
Thanks for the response, Iím hesitant to go on other meds but itís a possible option if this stays this intense. My mood hasnít been this terrible until this dosing.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2022, 04:33:46 pm »
It sounds like this symptom might be telling you to slow down if you haven't experienced it this intensely before, what do you think?

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 11:48:16 pm »
I agree, the symptoms seem to be growing so maybe the taper isnít as linear as we think itíll be with each dose reduction.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2022, 12:10:25 am »
Yes, depression can be part of this. maybe a non stimulating AD might settle you down and boost your mood and cut off the racing thoughts

So, I had two bad reactions from edibles like 7 or so months ago and after those, my mind was racing every hour of every day, while I was awake. I started taking Prozac and it took a couple weeks to kick in, but once it did, I woke up one day and the racing thoughts were gone. 100% gone. Iíve never, in my entire life, experienced such peaceful silence in my brain like I do on Prozac. I really was scared to take another medication, but Iím pretty glad I did. I still have other symptoms, but at least the racing, intrusive thoughts are gone.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2022, 12:31:35 am »

So, I had two bad reactions from edibles like 7 or so months ago and after those, my mind was racing every hour of every day, while I was awake. I started taking Prozac and it took a couple weeks to kick in, but once it did, I woke up one day and the racing thoughts were gone. 100% gone. Iíve never, in my entire life, experienced such peaceful silence in my brain like I do on Prozac. I really was scared to take another medication, but Iím pretty glad I did. I still have other symptoms, but at least the racing, intrusive thoughts are gone.

Nice!!! Glad it chilled you out. Edibles are hazardous, dosing on them is sketchy

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2022, 01:10:38 am »

Nice!!! Glad it chilled you out. Edibles are hazardous, dosing on them is sketchy

Especially when you make them yourself with no prior experience. :idiot:

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2022, 05:19:46 am »
I get the intense dread.  I once heard someone describe it as feeling both like something awful was going to happen as well as feeling they had committed some crime and were driving around with a tarp and a shovel in the back seat waiting to be caught.  I can relate to both.

I just listened to a really good video where the person describes what is happening both in our limbic system and in our stomachs that lead to depression, despair, fear, dread, terror, the works. 

I don't have a link to the exact video but her name on youtube is jenniferswanphd  -- I am sure you can just type it in

she's not a coach;  she is a therapist but not working and is just going through her own withdrawal but just sharing what she has learned via her own research and she is trying to make videos to make changes in her profession and with her colleagues.  I reached out to her to ask a few questions and she was super open.  anyway, I found her explanation to be the best one I had heard so far (along with Parker's post years ago on here) about what is happening in our brain and in our gut that would explain the level of depression and fear/dread

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2022, 04:49:09 am »
Thanks for that Iím going to check it out now. After coming back to this post and re reading it, some of that dread is now gone, but replaced with these bouts of emotionless apathy where I just feel no emotion whatsoever. My mind definitely feels scrambled, thanks again for posting I appreciate it.