Confusion about basics?

[Ya...]

Is it normal to feel confused about things you believed in so easily and hardly before this ordeal? Like you get confused on what is true anymore and you start doubting basics? It comes double hard in a wave but even when in a window, this confusion is there in the back burner but very mild that you can manage it.

Hopefully, someone can understand my confusion :)

Im sure this is temporary but I just need reassurance

Oh yes, I have been sooo confused through all this! For me there are two kinds of confusion: the disorientated confusion in my brain that makes everyday things a huge effort and then the “I don’t know what is up or down anymore” - spiritually and mentally, the kind of confusion about life and living and world etc.. It all ties in with anhedonia and dissociation.

Hopefully it will resolve with time! All the best to you!

Hi guys,

Confusion has been challenging for me.  I have a hard time with the basics, on a really tough Sx day, I can't speak out sentences I wan't to say, can't remember how to spell words or use an intelligent vocabulary, I find I often forget the day and date after I just looked at the calendar.  Wilding -my spirituality has been affected and it is very confusing and painful, like you said, it's anhedonia, dissociation, depersonalization and derealization.  This process is brutal and hits us in such cruel ways.  I'll be thinking and praying for you both. We are GOING to get through this.  I often get pissed that it is not a quick and easy process, I have to resist the intrusive thoughts to go CT almost daily, I've been there before and it was horrible.  Just the mind games this w/d plays.  Again, take care and we can do this with the support of each other.  Keep posting and getting stuff off your chest, ranting...whatever. Use this forum as a way to get through. Peace.

Hi guys,

Confusion has been challenging for me.  I have a hard time with the basics, on a really tough Sx day, I can't speak out sentences I wan't to say, can't remember how to spell words or use an intelligent vocabulary, I find I often forget the day and date after I just looked at the calendar.  Wilding -my spirituality has been affected and it is very confusing and painful, like you said, it's anhedonia, dissociation, depersonalization and derealization.  This process is brutal and hits us in such cruel ways.  I'll be thinking and praying for you both. We are GOING to get through this.  I often get pissed that it is not a quick and easy process, I have to resist the intrusive thoughts to go CT almost daily, I've been there before and it was horrible.  Just the mind games this w/d plays.  Again, take care and we can do this with the support of each other.  Keep posting and getting stuff off your chest, ranting...whatever. Use this forum as a way to get through. Peace.

That all sounds very familiar! The confusion makes me feel like I am demented and on acid at the same time, super weird stuff for sure.. I am sorry for everyone who has to endure this and send a lot of hope and healing both your way. Thank you for your encouragement!

What I did , is wrote in my journal MY TRUTH paragraph so I can read at times where everything seems bleak and not clear . I have to rewrite it every weak. Its funny cause I find myself writing the same thing over and over again which is a biggest proof that the real US is inside somewhere just covered by these withdrawals..

What I did , is wrote in my journal MY TRUTH paragraph so I can read at times where everything seems bleak and not clear . I have to rewrite it every weak. Its funny cause I find myself writing the same thing over and over again which is a biggest proof that the real US is inside somewhere just covered by these withdrawals..

Sure hope it is! That’s a good idea, I’ll have to try that one out.

Are you willing to share some of your truth paragraph for inspiration?