Deep Deep Depression

[ne...]

It is unbearable. 4 months post CT Ambien. Does it ever get better? The symptoms is STRONG today. :-[

Edit: replaced reference to language not allowed

Yep, it passes. I’ve gone from “omg I can’t get through the next minute” which lasted like eight months, to more like a mild dysthymia. What helped was getting a sense of when I was overwhelmed and just needed to distract (that’s how I got into listening to buddhist dharma talks) and when I could do something to improve the situation. Motivation came long before a mood lift, so if there is anything you could do to give you purpose and a connection to the world, even if it’s just theoretical, then go for it. I took a German zoom class (meh) and a screenwriting workshop. The latter is the single most important thing to help me move forward.

It gets better! I was depressed for the first 6 months, it passed.

Happy healing🌞

I forgot to mention that I’m very depressed i waves, but the all time depression passed😊

Happy healing🌞

Yep, it passes. I’ve gone from “omg I can’t get through the next minute” which lasted like eight months, to more like a mild dysthymia. What helped was getting a sense of when I was overwhelmed and just needed to distract (that’s how I got into listening to buddhist dharma talks) and when I could do something to improve the situation. Motivation came long before a mood lift, so if there is anything you could do to give you purpose and a connection to the world, even if it’s just theoretical, then go for it. I took a German zoom class (meh) and a screenwriting workshop. The latter is the single most important thing to help me move forward.

Wow I just read all of your posts. You are an amazing writer. I  was just going to tell you, ans then I saw your post that said that that is what you want to do. I would LOVE to read more

Aw, thank you! I’m genuinely flattered. And glad to hear that my own reflections on this process have been helpful for you. After seventeen months, it’s really helped just to talk to people earlier in the process because it reminds me how much has really improved. Now that’s healing purpose and connection. :)