i Know I don’t have the strength for this

[Ac...]

I think about checking into a psych hospital but I know that will just make my life harder. I just don’t know what to do. I know I don't have the strength to do this For a long time I’m gonna break eventually.

I know what you mean, I used to wish I could check into a hospital hoping they could take away the pain, but they can't.  Another member and I talked one time about bears and how they hibernate, wouldn't it be great to be able to hibernate through this?

I know you feel like you're going to break, but you've come this far and haven't, don't give up before the miracle happens and you come out of the other side.

I had a bag packed ready to check myself into a hospital every minute. The bag had to be in my sleeping room the hole 5 years in which I made the taper.

This feeling like we cannot do that is normal. Besides this, regarding tough situations, no one ever knows if he or she will make it. That is the nature of hard times.Thats when we become heroes cause we keep going, day by day.

In a hospital you will be given more meds and no one will care about the long term effects. After some time you will be back home, confronted with the results of that trip.

I am now 4 years free from numerous drugs, totally med free. I can assure you, it is worth it! Life is wonderful, I can feel it. I now look back, shaking my head and I still don't get it how I survived withdrawal and the long lasting years of taper. But I did it. I actually do not know ANY person in real life who is as brave as I was. So - hold in there, buddy!!!

Someone here once referred to withdrawal as ‘licking the streets of hell’. It sure is at times.

One day, one hour, sometimes one minute at a time. Distract as best you can.

That’s all you can do.

Someone here once referred to withdrawal as ‘licking the streets of hell’. It sure is at times.

One day, one hour, sometimes one minute at a time. Distract as best you can.

That’s all you can do.

oh thats a uhm.. vivid picture :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But I am sure I have cleaned half of the hell the last 8 years :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

>:D

• 2 weeks later...

I think about checking into a psych hospital but I know that will just make my life harder. I just don’t know what to do. I know I don't have the strength to do this For a long time I’m gonna break eventually.

Something to think about.

You realize each day is not just a new day but also the fact that you make it through yesterday. 

You can do it again.  Make it through another day and know that one day, withdraw does end.