Clonazepam, trintellix and hormone replacement

[be...]

I don't know if I feel more depressed coming off benzos or not.  I've been depressed for so long, 20+ years.  It sucks.

I am currently on trintellix, an antidepressant.  And I still feel depressed!

I understand, reading some of the posts, people not liking themselves in one way or another.  Totally understand.

I just want to feel content.  Not happy, as happiness is fleeting.  But content.  Ok.  I guess that's what we all want, right?

For me, the benzo itself causes what feels like a helmet of blankness and inability to feel/perceive, which deepens my depression. And unfortunately trying to come off the benzo too fast causes depression. I too have been depressed a long time. I have had the "chemical" depression induced by meds, for a very long time, is what I should say. Without meds, I was prone to moderate situational depression but nothing like the meds have caused.

Trintellix: I was on it too, and I tapered it and finished it about 5 months ago. I know I am still in AD withdrawal. I had also been on nortriptyline, which I finished 4 months ago. Personally I don't think the Trintellix did much for my depression, while I was on it. It made me agitated and anxious, and it gave me gallbladder problems that have since gone away.

Long story short: I can relate. The reason we are on this journey is to see if there is in fact a life beyond these meds -- in the meantime, it is just very hard, but hopefully we can find some hope in supporting each other. Good luck to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you delsol.  It's like I've read from others.  All I can seem to see and focus on is the negative.  The trintellix?  Not sure how much it is helping, but I'm not quite as down.  I do wonder if it does add to anxiety because it works on a few neurotransmitters including Norepinephrine , which is an an excitatory neurotransmitter.  Don't quote me, but that's my neuroscience knowledge.

It's like I want to sit in the negative.  I hate it.  I have kids and I really work hard to enjoy them.  But, it feels like a rock is where my heart should be.

• 2 weeks later...
20+ yrs. is a long time. Myself too. Benzo w/d heightens depression with DP/DR and the mental anguish of anguish of intrusive thoughts as well as the intense burden of hope. Really hope it's better for you than has been for me.

• 3 months later...
Might I ask why you stopped the HRT?  For some of us, inadequate levels of estrogen plays havoc on the brain, esp. for one coming off of benzos.  It's a complicated situation and trying to figure out what's due to too much AD, not enough estrogen etc. can be daunting.  I've had to make peace with the fact that my brain just really needs its estrogen to function - plus ease some of the anxiety, sleep issues etc.  Good luck, it's a difficult and challenging situation.  (3yrs 9 mo off BZDs here)

• 1 month later...

Benzosmetoo,

Did you have to taper the progesterone? Any issues coming off? I’ve heard horror stories on this forum about progesterone and I’m scared. I take 200 mg progesterone bioidentical troche and estrodial creme .75.