Author Topic: Tianeptine = life saver  (Read 2785 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Tianeptine = life saver
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2021, 05:49:31 pm »
I abandoned the sodium because I had heard it was more addictive. I am considering re-starting the sulphate (it is all I have), because anxiety is bad again. Ugh.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2021, 06:27:43 pm »
Here's a PubMed article about it:

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11463130/

Interesting.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2021, 06:49:23 pm »
[...], it does sound nice on paper! I might order the Stablon from Europe and start with the blessing and guidance of my very open-minded doctor. My tianeptine sulphate is third party tested and certified, but it's never been used in any trial.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2021, 04:30:04 am »
Give it a go. There are indeed people who find the sulphate doesn't work for them yet the sodium does.

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2021, 04:31:39 am »
Though I said that, with time, it isn't working as well as I had hoped, (and that may be due to benzo withdrawal) I know very well how desperately hard living with depression is, and even some relief is very welcome and helps you function in life.

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2021, 05:13:49 pm »
Very interesting thread. Thanks for starting it. I have never heard of Tianeptine.

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2021, 06:23:22 pm »
I was on tianpetine and thought it did nothing until I stopped and got more anxious and depressed. Not like withdrawal, just a slow sinking. I re-started and now I feel much better. In early withdrawal, it's just hard to tell I think.

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2021, 08:10:28 pm »
Clarifying post - I am not providing medical advice. If you felt that I did, I apologize. Please check with you doctor on any medicine. I am not advising to do anything without the advice of your doctor.

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2021, 09:25:44 am »
Sounds interesting but I'd want to check with my psychiatrist who is also a pharmacologist. I too have had lifelong depression and have tried various antidepressants over the years. I'm currently on a high dose Rx of SNRI which turned my world from black to grey, but just barely and not without side effects. Who knows . . .