Last to leave.... DEPRESSION

[Lu...]

Hi really looking for some advice i am currently 4 month's off a short use of a low dose valium..

Also 2 month's off zopiclone which i used for a good few years 7.5-15mg nightly.tappered off it over 5 weeks..

I have no physical w/d symptoms they have all gone weeks now..

But im suffering with horrible depression that seems to come and go and the thoughts it brings are dark and scary.

I just need to know that this gets better.

That i will get better. At times i think iam on my way to healing  and then bang it hits me doesn't last long but its scary..any advice is welcomed thanks

Depression is a withdrawal symptom, it's not you, and from the looks of your med history, it's never been you.  So, you need to treat this for what it is, a symptom.  Its the same as your other symptoms which have left, this one will too.  Things got pretty dark for me too when I was taking Ambien, it's hard to believe that a little tiny pill has that much power.

Consider an AD. Cymbalta worked wonders for me. Cleared up all the depersonalization, racing thoughts and catastrophic thinking. Maybe some cognitive behavioral therapy too to help get control of the lying brain.