Who’s depression lifted once coming off?

[Fe...]

I was very depressed (never had depression) and suicidal only a few days after 2.5mg valium. Dropped dose quickly and each cut the depression lifted up along with si until jump.

Valium is very sedating and many ppl got drug induced depression from taking it. If you never had depression until valium then most likely it will be gone when you are off. For me, only wd sx especially muscle got real severe as dose lowered and even worse after jumping.

• 1 month later...

Mine was much better but what was really cool is I’m off Prozac in 4 months and I took it 20 years. The taper was easy compared to Klonopin

I had horrible depression once coming off, it felt like the end of the world. That lifted for a while but recently I’ve fallen back into another depression, although I think this one is more a reaction to my circumstances, than a purely chemical reason.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

As you can see everyone is different.

In my case it's been a nightmare 3.5+ yrs. out.

But I did a rapid detox (30 days) off a high dosage Clonazepam.

I should mention I also have a long history of deep depression.

Your depressive sounds serious - really tough to deal with

but as in most cases, could at some point soon, come out of it.

• 2 months later...
The Years of depression were severe and peaked beyond comprehension after jump.  It has been Steadily reducing over this last month.  It has windows(I am in one right at this moment and have almost no trace of depression) so sho nuff it is a symptom that will go away in time.

• 1 month later...

The Years of depression were severe and peaked beyond comprehension after jump.  It has been Steadily reducing over this last month.  It has windows(I am in one right at this moment and have almost no trace of depression) so sho nuff it is a symptom that will go away in time.

Myke, that is great to hear. I really hope that is the case for all three of us. To the original poster, Feebi, I replied to your other post but forgot to mention that I CT a high dose of Ambien. I have always struggled with a hormonal imbalance and anytime I have a chemical imbalance, it takes forever to clear. I can feel that this depression just is not me, but I don't know if mine is due to CT and also because Ambien is a known depressor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm really struggling with this right now, although I am not completely off.  I am at about .18/day of Xanax.

Just started ketamine.  Thanks for this post, it's good to hear everyone's stories in relation to depression.  Helps me feel less alone.