Question about anxiety, guilt and insecurity? (Need support and encouragement)

[Mu...]

Hi,

I was feeling very well for over 2.5 months, and then a few weeks ago, the anxiety started and got progressively worse. With me when anxiety starts and does nt relent after a short while, depression is sure to follow - which it has. Now what has happened is that I constantly beat myself up over mistakes I have made in the past. In particular something that I did that hurt my wife. She has told me that she still loves me and that she still continues to want to be with me - but for some reason, I am not comforted by this. I keep feeling guilty and very anxious and insecure - because I keep thinking that eventually she is going to tell me that she gave it a shot, but that she no longer wants to be with me. I keep thinking that the worst is eventually going to happen - therefore, I can't seem to relax and feel calm.

Is my obsessive negative thinking, guilt, anxiety and catastrophizing a normal part of depression and withdrawal??

Is the increased anxiety the trigger behind my catastrophizing?

Is catastrophizing the reason why anxiety is so difficult??

Does everyone feel like someting bad is going to happen when they feel anxious?

Can anyone else share thier similar stories and thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Mur

Is my obsessive negative thinking, guilt, anxiety and catastrophizing a normal part of depression and withdrawal??

Is the increased anxiety the trigger behind my catastrophizing?

Is catastrophizing the reason why anxiety is so difficult??

Does everyone feel like someting bad is going to happen when they feel anxious?

Yes is the answer to all your statements above. I would highly recommend you finding a Cognitive Behavior Therapist to help you take control of your negative thinking and anxiety. You have some very good comments on this other thread you started a while ago... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=11783.msg161473#msg161473

Are you totally off the klono now? If not, you could very well be experiencing tolerance. If you have recently finished tapering, it is not unusual to have withdrawal symptoms to continue for a while. Let us know where you are on your benzo journey by adding a signature line. Here are the directions.... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=9432.msg119713#msg119713  Thank you!!

T2 :smitten: