any good sites for ssri withdrawal

[cl...]

hey guys i was wondering if anybody knows of any good web sites or support group sites for anti depressant withdrawal.  i about to go off of my Zoloft and was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

thanks,

click

• 3 weeks later...

1) paxilprogress.org/

Their name, like, MedHelp actually belies the sheer scope. Covers all kinds of ADs.

2) Use Google! Enter:

[ssri withdrawal forums]

for example and you'll be probably be amazed.

• 3 weeks later...
I have never been on Zoloft but have taken paxil cr (25 mg) and lexapro (20 mg).  I had no problems tapering in one-two weeks using my doctors recommended taper rate.  I had read the horror stories on coming off paxil but never had a problem. I know everyone is different but I think A/D's are much easier to come off compared to benzos. No withdrawal issues for me and I was on Paxil for about a 2 years and lexapro for 6 months. You might be surprised how easy it is to stop A/D compared to benzo.

hey guys i was wondering if anybody knows of any good web sites or support group sites for anti depressant withdrawal.  i about to go off of my Zoloft and was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

thanks,

click

Hey clickclack,

I'm in the process of a Klonopin taper and am currently on Zoloft as well.  I plan to taper off the Zoloft in the future, once the benzo bug is dead.  Please keep us posted as to your progress with this one, as I'm in the same boat! 

I cannot imagine finding a better support group than BB.  I think once my benzos are done, I'm going to stay right here and figure my way out of the Zoloft situation with the help of my friends who've gotten me through the benzos!  Hopefully the Zoloft will be alot easier than the benzos!!

Best of luck to you!    :)

Phyllis

• 1 month later...

That just shows how different everybody's brain chemistry is. I recently had to reinstate my Lexapro at 10mg (was down to 7.5mg) because of severe depression/anxiety/insomnia. Of course, those symptoms "may" have had to do with the fact that I just finished my Lorazepam taper 34 days ago. :idiot:

I will give my body a few months to recover further and get all the information I can on SSRI tapers before trying to discontinue the Lexapro again.

Sylvia

That just shows how different everybody's brain chemistry is. I recently had to reinstate my Lexapro at 10mg (was down to 7.5mg) because of severe depression/anxiety/insomnia. Of course, those symptoms "may" have had to do with the fact that I just finished my Lorazepam taper 34 days ago. :idiot:

I will give my body a few months to recover further and get all the information I can on SSRI tapers before trying to discontinue the Lexapro again.

Sylvia

Silvia,

I'm not necessarily pro or con on ssri's, but I do believe they have a place. I have been on them, and they helped me greatly.

No rush getting off them if they are helping you. When you are good and ready, you can take on the lexapro taper.  :)

I have done a lot of looking around online regarding the safe taper off anti-depressants and finally found a wonderful reference book entitled "The Anti-depressant Solution" by Joseph Glenmullen.  You can read quite a few pages of the book at amazon.com to see if it speaks to you.  And you can purchase used copies for as little as $7.00.  Good information about how to tell the difference between withdrawal symptoms or a resumption of depression.  Also how you can test out which is which.  There are timelines for withdrawing most anti-depressants, includng SSRI's like Zoloft as well as MAO inhibitors.  I recommend it as it talks about why it is important to try to get off anti-depressants, dependence/addiction to anti-depressants and gives compelling case studies about how folks get put on multiple drugs.  I commend you for tapering off the Zoloft and I wish you the best!