Xanax and depression

[sw...]

HI,I was switched recently from ativan to xanax,,,i thought ativan was causing me some wierd dizziness,,,,so I was put back on xanax(i had been on it pretty much for 18 years up 2007..they did try me onit in feb of this year and i got off it by using klonopin.In Aug I was taking off klonopin and put on ativan,,i cant say its been the best med for me so when they said try xanax ago i thought ok,,,well the last week i have been feeling down and this mornigni woke up to the darkest blacknessand Im having trouble thinking,,,i have no care for anything i have lost all interest even in sex..not like me.im thinking its the xanax so im going back to ativan TODAY,I had a xanax this morning and i took a ativan a few hours ago,,,,i have a huge headache now,,the pharmasist said its ok as long as u dont take them to gether,,,,,,,,,,has anyone else experienced this feeling on xanax....and will i have withdrawal stopping it and going back to ativan im scared im headed back to the mental hospital

Hi, sweetpea,

Did you change from Ativan to Xanax on your own?  Did your doc prescribe this?  You are still having w/d symptoms and you are not stabilized on a dose.  Good luck, SP. 

Patty  xo

• 2 months later...

Hey Sweetpea,

Are you still around?  If so, how is everything going?

I'm on a Klonopin taper as well and am very curious as to your situation.  I have depression/benzo combination as well.

I havn't seen any other posts from you anywhere.  Hopefully that means you're doing better!

I sure wish the best for you!    :hug:

Phyllis  :)

Hey Sweetpea,

Are you still around?  If so, how is everything going?

I'm on a Klonopin taper as well and am very curious as to your situation.  I have depression/benzo combination as well.

I havn't seen any other posts from you anywhere.  Hopefully that means you're doing better!

I sure wish the best for you!    :hug:

Phyllis   :)

Hi Phyllis,

Sweetpea also has a thread under the username 'hazyworld'. Here is the link.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=10595.0

She hasn't been around in a few weeks.

Thank you Eljay!   

I was really curious as to how everything was going since that post!

Phyllis 

You are welcome.  :)

I hope she is ok.  :(

Thank you Eljay!   

I was really curious as to how everything was going since that post!

Phyllis 

You are welcome.  :)

I hope she is ok.  :(

I went to that thread but there isn't anything on it from her since January 21. 

I'm with you... I hope things are ok!  In this type of forum being MIA isn't always a good thing.  Maybe she will be back soon!

Phyllis    :)

I'm with you... I hope things are ok!  In this type of forum being MIA isn't always a good thing.  Maybe she will be back soon!

Phyllis     :)

Try not to worry Phyllis. She has come and gone a few times in the past. Hopefully she is getting the help she needs. Bless your heart for caring.  :smitten:

Phyllis     :)

Try not to worry Phyllis. She has come and gone a few times in the past. Hopefully she is getting the help she needs. Bless your heart for caring.  :smitten:

Actually I find helping others in here pretty therapeutic for myself.  Sometimes seeing others with so much worse problems help to minimize my own! 

Since I found out I'd been living in tolerance to Xanax for years, bottomed out in Dec, and then found BB and got educated, I just want to find the tallest mountain with the biggest megaphone and just scream out to everyone to run from this crap!  The big picture really is sad!    :(