Severe mental symptoms, intrusive thoughts, severe anxiety support group

[le...]

Couldn't find group for this so hopefully others also have these symptoms. Mine started mildly fearing may have hit someone driving. Stupidly tried SSRI's which made things much worse morphed into more OCD type symptoms with compulsions. Been 2 years off zopiclone haven't really eased much at all, just feel like I no longer have any control over my brain. Think it's caused by anxiety rather than true OCD, as did several sessions of CBT and exposure therapy didn't help at all. Never had this before being made to CT zopiclone. I took it for insomnia no pre existing anxiety.

Hopefully I'm not only one experiencing  this as feels quite lonely at times. I've had waves but no windows so far. Wondering if taking more than 1 med increases the duration and severity of symptoms, as only been really bad last 15 months since I tried the anti depressants?

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [le...]

• [Ha...]

• [di...]

• [Da...]

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Glad I'm not only one. Lot people seem to have these symptoms but wasn't a support group. When did start one no one responded. I agree think mental symptoms are the worst. Have had any Windows I haven't so far. Some days are worse than others, and the lockdowns over here definitely made things worse, no distractions, can't see anyone or even just go out for a coffee.

I found out this morning that my dad is being tested for a rare blood disorder and was hospitalized/transferred to another hospital. The mental symptoms are taking control.

Me !!! Me ! The inner voice won't shut up for a second ... hyperawareneas beyond. I ha e been crying for months . It's horrible beyond . 

Name calling. Intrusives. Commanding , Intrusives  .. I have  it all ..... Non stop 24/7 for months ....

[69...]
Seems like all of my past regrets , embarrassments,wrongs, bad encounters are playing on a loop over and over. But on a good note this is the first morning my wife did not have to help me out of bed. 15 months off klon.

Sorry you all suffering but glad I'm not alone in this. Only getting about 3 hours sleep at moment  which not helping the OCD  and intrusive thoughts. This withdrawal just keeps on giving!

Count me in to the group for the insane. 10 months of torture, but things have improved from walking the streets at 4am with looping and intrusive suicidal thoughts. Still stuck in my head

Acceptance seems to be the only way to survive this. It's not easy, but I have found Claire Weekes Audio books quite helpful. Written before benzos were a thing, and it is dated. But she talks about having a sensitized nervous system and the symptoms are very similar to WD. I actually believe part of our recovery is from the stress WD puts on our bodies.

Anyway I listen to them occasionally when I find myself fighting my symptoms, and it helps me accept the intrusive thoughts.

Yes I have bad mental symptoms.

Intrusive thoughts about what a loser I am and I was better on the drugs and I'm not okay without them. Intrusive thoughts that no matter what I do I'm going to die anyways. The same thing all day every day.

I’m so sorry you are suffering. I rurally get where you are at.  Please know that you are not a loser - I have these thoughts too.  Benzo w/d hits you hard & often where you are least vulnerable. Please hang in - it will change, you will heal & one day this nightmare will morph into the best kind of dream.

Seems like all of my past regrets , embarrassments,wrongs, bad encounters are playing on a loop over and over. But on a good note this is the first morning my wife did not have to help me out of bed. 15 months off klon.

Yes! Oh this is me too about the regrets & embarrassments, wrongs & bad encounters.  I feel like I’m losing it! The thoughts in my head are balance.  If I was honest with someone snoot them all I’d be marched right to the dreaded psych ward.

Clint me in for this group.  Sometimes the anxiety is at crippling levels & it’s all I can do is to breathe.  I’m praying/pleading to be healed soon. Just over 1 year of w/d from 5 months of Valium use.  If only I had’ve known I would never ever have touched this filthy drug.  I want my life back. I want my mind back & I would give anything to turn back time & to have never touched Valium.  Who knew that a dr.  Would prescribe a one way ticket to an indescribable hell.  I’m searching for my return ticket out of here, trying to stay positive,  trying trying trying, 

Couldn't find group for this so hopefully others also have these symptoms. Mine started mildly fearing may have hit someone driving. Stupidly tried SSRI's which made things much worse morphed into more OCD type symptoms with compulsions. Been 2 years off zopiclone haven't really eased much at all, just feel like I no longer have any control over my brain. Think it's caused by anxiety rather than true OCD, as did several sessions of CBT and exposure therapy didn't help at all. Never had this before being made to CT zopiclone. I took it for insomnia no pre existing anxiety.

Hopefully I'm not only one experiencing  this as feels quite lonely at times. I've had waves but no windows so far. Wondering if taking more than 1 med increases the duration and severity of symptoms, as only been really bad last 15 months since I tried the anti depressants?

How are you going lovely? I hope that your day is going ok.

Just wondered if anyone found anything helped or increased mental symptoms we could share? My sleep been awful since Xmas only getting about 3 hours that's made things lot worse. Have ordered some unsisom from US so hoping might help. When we were briefly allowed to see family and friends , go out for coffee, meal last year, that definitely workerd as distraction fir me. But I know others would rather isolate themselves. I do get some days whe wake with horrible wave feeling totally hopeless for no reason, can't find any triggers?

Hi bancha,

Glad you found a little relief, it can so overwhelming at times. I agree with acceptance being a key part of this, it's difficult but fighting just makes it worse in my opinion. I've been experimenting a little with zinc which seems to calm me a lot which in turn helps with the acceptance.

We'll get there

I know that there are a lot of people on here suffering with mental stuff. Just wondering why it's not usually the main topic. It always seems to be about a physical issue. I know the physical can be a challenge and can be hellish in its own right but to feel like you're bordering on insanity is the worst feeling in the world and to be stuck feeling that way day after day is a real test of one's resolve and might.

I agree totally, I was in agony for a while, could only sleep a little on the floor and could barely walk. But I could cope, the mental torture I've endured on the other hand puts suffering into another level. But what choice do we have? Gotta just keep going

Just wondered if anyone found anything helped or increased mental symptoms we could share? My sleep been awful since Xmas only getting about 3 hours that's made things lot worse. Have ordered some unsisom from US so hoping might help. When we were briefly allowed to see family and friends , go out for coffee, meal last year, that definitely workerd as distraction fir me. But I know others would rather isolate themselves. I do get some days whe wake with horrible wave feeling totally hopeless for no reason, can't find any triggers?

Found plenty that increases the symptoms unfortunately, most things I've tried. But zinc seems to be helping my anxiety, only taken it twice. 1st time I took 10mg which was too much for me, but took 5mg yesterday and it was the most relaxed I've been since this nightmare began

Good news on the Zinc. I might go buy some. Out of interest did you get any specific form of it ot just a compound. I am aware that it can come in several forms. I seem to remember being advised to get Zinc Citrate for treating flu previously.

I just bought the lowest dosage I could find to try it. It's zinc oxide. I've just ordered some ionic zinc (liquid) so I can experiment better with dosage. I've read different types can have slightly different effects, so I think it's just trial and error to see if and what type works for you.

Have a look at the "zinc is awesome" thread in alternative therapies

I agree it seems to be mainly physical symptoms on main board even though mental ones can be awful.. I've found any supplements Rev my symptoms up, but know they help others . Slept bit better last couple nights which really helps. Weather here awful had snow and pavements very slippy, so haven't been able to go for walk which does help.  Any sort of distraction or mini project I've found really helpful. We're thinking changing our conservatory so researching that been real distraction. Anything you have really concentrate on has helped me.

Just wondered how everyone doing? Had a few OK ish days, but OCD and anxiety back again, get bit improvement , then get slammed by a wave yet again. This is such a roller coaster ride😫

Rough few days for me, barely out of bed. Depression and looping music in my head. But just 3 or 4 words of a song over and over.... God help us

Glad you're starting to have some better days leann xx

Those days you are coping better are windows leann, as time goes by they will get better and the bad days less intense too. So you'll probably finds that your bad days are like your good days are now, and eventually go. I've heard some people just wake up clear and symptom free, but I've found it more gradual.