Insomnia comes later in WD

[We...]

Hello,

So I have been off for 10 months and 5 months after my rescue dose. And only now have I started to ecperience bouts of insomnia. Is it possible for insomnia to come this late? I had no problems with it in acute. Anyone here had this or heard of someone had this situation?

Insomnia began for me when I finished my taper.  I slept reasonably well as I tapered but once I finished, whole different ballgame for me.  I'm so sorry you are having this problem.  One thing I learned was that the more I fought it and worried about it, the worse it got. 

What else is going on in your life, any new stress that could be contributing to your insomnia?

I was thinking the same thing. Stress is what causes these things to begin with before you ever start Rx medications.

Well I used to be really fatigued and used to sleep a lot. And then in June energy started to return for me but along with that,this new insomnia problem started to arise. I have no problem sleeping for as much as I want but have trouble falling asleep. And it only happens if I am excited or stressed or overstomulated or going to bad too late or too early... I never had this before as I was sleeping like a log in early wd. I was so tired and fatigued that I used to overleep myself. Its like I used to be calmer before. Way more tired and fatigued but calmer

I have no problem sleeping for as much as I want but have trouble falling asleep.

How long does it usually take for you to fall asleep? What time do you go to bed each night?

I am down to 1 mg.  I'll be off December 11th.  I also have insomnia now and yes, while I'm tapering.  My doctor ordered me Lunesta and it worked for a good 4 hours, but the more often you take it, it wears off. 

Am taking melatonin too.  15mg. a night.  Not really helpful either. 

I am down to 1 mg.  I'll be off December 11th.  I also have insomnia now and yes, while I'm tapering.  My doctor ordered me Lunesta and it worked for a good 4 hours, but the more often you take it, it wears off. 

Am taking melatonin too.  15mg. a night.  Not really helpful either.

Please, please, please reconsider your use of Lunesta, its a close cousin to Zopilcone and I consider Zopiclone to be the worst z-drug out there, its actions are so similar to benzo's that most members who have used it are suffering just as much as those taking true benzo's. 

I was only on Lunesta a few weeks and stopped.  You are right, I did research on it and I saw it's addictive.  I'm glad I stopped.  Thanks for the warning, but I did research it before I read this and yea, it's bad news.