closing eyes-toxic

[sh...]

I am still suffering from severe insomnia. Last week one night zero, two nights 1, one night 2 and one night 4 hours… the nights are very hard to get through with but the days after even worse. When I try to relax, what is hard to do anyway because of akathisia, as soon as I close my eyes panic… no chance taking a nap 😰anybody else experiences this? Thanks 🍀

Yes it’s almost 17 months. Last night again only twice one hour of sleep . Toxic with burning heart and now severe nerves pain in my arms…

You quit the Zolpidem too right?  Has your insomnia gotten worse lately, can you attribute it to new stress in your life?  Have you developed a fear of going to bed since all of this has been going on?

Hi Pamster, yes i quit the Zolpidem over two years ago. Very often I can’t sleep because of restless legs and arms and very often because of all kind of different pain. Sleep has always been very nonlinear since I jumped . There have been nights of 5-7 hours. Last night 4. Yes I have to make some decisions witch definitely put me under stress. I do hope very much that my nervous system will go back to normal  one glory day!???🍀

I'm grateful to hear you've been able to get some decent sleep, but it sounds like those decisions causing you stress are having an effect.  I believe stress to be the number one contributor to increased symptom severity so hopefully when you get past this latest challenge you'll get back to your baseline which doesn't sound all that great but it looks like it keeps you functioning. 

Are you doing anything for the RLS and other pain?

One night 5 hours, next even 6 and last night only one again because of nerves pain. Very bad the burning hands.. no nothing for the pain nor for the restless legs. I don’t want to take an other med. My naturopath found out that because of all that withdrawal stress  the herpes virus is reactive. This might also cause the nerves pain and maybe also the restless legs !? it’s so hard to figure out what is withdrawal related and what could be something else… I mean every symptom I have is written in the book. !??

You quit the Zolpidem too right?  Has your insomnia gotten worse lately, can you attribute it to new stress in your life?  Have you developed a fear of going to bed since all of this has been going on?

I think this is a huge psychological block to overcome once we have jettisoned the psych drugs from our lives.  :thumbsup: @ Pam!

Pam said>>>

I believe stress to be the number one contributor to increased symptom severity so hopefully when you get past this latest challenge you'll get back to your baseline

I am in 100% agreement with Pam here. I think life stressors in those of us who are more vulnerable (probably due to genetics) are what caused most of us to start down the benzo and other psych drugs path in the 1st place. I have said it before, but I think Pam here would make one helluva mental health therapist in real life.  :)