Insomnia and anxiety after a cut

[Mi...]

Hi all

I am still in the process of withdrawing but I am having a terrible time with insomnia and anxiety.

I wake about 12 and am awake for the rest of the night.

It seems to happen everytime I do a withdrawal. Along with it comes a mixture of symptoms mainly mental but some physical.

How do manage to cope with this? Espec if your head is over riding everything...

Apologies for rambling on but I am finding it so difficult 😢

Thank you MP

I’m so sorry you are having sleepless nights MP. It’s not good when you’d rather be fast asleep.

I haven’t sleep much the past 2 nights because of the heat and I’m exhausted.

Things I try…..

Get up have a drink or snack

Get cold and go back to warm bed

Read, radio, podcasts, relaxation CD

Write a novel in my head

Prayer

Essential oils

Dark room……

You know all these things I guess. The ruminating thoughts can be really awful, I know.

Sorry I can’t help more.

Hardy x

Thank you Hardy for responding

I tried some of them but I am getting myself really distressed about this new dip/wave. Struggling so much

I am sorry you have not managed to sleep either. I have been awake since 1230. All my withdrawal type symptoms are back 😢

I’m so sorry you are having sleepless nights MP. It’s not good when you’d rather be fast asleep.

I haven’t sleep much the past 2 nights because of the heat and I’m exhausted.

Things I try…..

Get up have a drink or snack

Get cold and go back to warm bed

Read, radio, podcasts, relaxation CD

Write a novel in my head

Prayer

Essential oils

Dark room……

You know all these things I guess. The ruminating thoughts can be really awful, I know.

Sorry I can’t help more.

Hardy x

I am the same. I have been awake since 1:30 last night. It really is horrific. Suffering days and now suffering nights. Does anyone take a supplement for this?

Yes, I take CBD marijuana. It is not psychoactive . . . in small doses (15 or so mgs) it relaxes me and is a great aid for anxiety. That and some music to meditate by (youtube has lot of this) and I can chill. For sleep, I take a bigger dose of CBD -- about 50 mgs. I do not smoke or vape -- I use edibles. I find Lazarus Naturals online has a reliable selection of edibles in various formulations and price ranges. You can also check with your local dispensary.

Hope this helps.

:smitten:

Katz

I was investigating CBD for helping me with terrible insomnia which started a month after a taper but got much worse when I changed from .125 regular pill to the .125 dissolvable. I was doing so well with my tapers, I thought I could break the dissolvable much easier when I was ready for my next taper. For some reason that dissolvable wasn't absorbed (also different Manufacturer) and my body reacted as if was a too aggressive taper. I went back to the pill, same .125 and stopped having the paranoia, fear...but still every other day insomnia- sometimes whole days without sleeping. So I did take 20 mg of CBD and thought I would gradually increase but then read that CBD would counteract Klonopin ...something about fighting each other for GABA?. So I only took for 2 nights, don't think I took enough cause it didn't help me sleep.

Hoping I can go back to that when I get rid of this Klonopin. (probably 8 months from now)

Leslie, I don't know what you read about CBD and GABA (can you provide a reference pls) but I took CBD all throughout my valium taper. (As well, I took indica now and then for nausea). The mj and my valium seemed to be a happy couple. No fighting lol. As for CBD not helping you sleep, you might have to take more than 50 mgs. I take 100. Not advocating you take 100, but just telling you my experience.

You might want to read this article about CBD and antidepressants in general.

https://cfah.org/cbd-and-antidepressants/

Best,

Katz