I just want to sleep

[Li...]

I am 9 days off ativan and having insomnia again. I had been sleeping ok (not great but like 5 hours) at the end of my taper. Is it normal for the insomnia to come back even when you did a taper? I got 0 sleep last night and I feel so crappy.

I am so sorry to hear that you are beset with insomnia again Livingwell, it really stinks.  Sleep problems didn't begin in earnest for me until I was completely off clonazepam and I tapered as well.  I hope this passes soon for you.

I am so sorry to hear that you are beset with insomnia again Livingwell, it really stinks.  Sleep problems didn't begin in earnest for me until I was completely off clonazepam and I tapered as well.  I hope this passes soon for you.

Thank you so much for your response. I slept much better last night, so maybe it will just be up and down for awhile. I'm not sure. So glad to have gotten some sleep, though.

It'll probably be like that for a while until your body adjusts to the absence of the benzos

Thank you, sleepyjo. I get nervous because insomnia is what I got on the benzo in the first place for. I never had insomnia and had always been a good sleeper and then last fall I started having other health problems and had sudden insomnia. Hopjng this is from the benzo and will fade with time.

It will,. I was the same, started taking zop after an operation to help me sleep through the pain. I still don't sleep very well but much better than when I first stopped them. You'll probably find that you get some nights of only a few hours, some zero hours , and some a bit more which will increase as time goes by. It does take a while, but everyone is different. Just remember that lack of sleep won't kill you, it'll make you feel awful some days but it will improve. Take care