Been up half the night

[Do...]

I have had insomnia since I came home from my brother's.  I woke up at 2am exhausted and its almost 5.  I can't go to sleep.  I tried some wine, but that gave me anxiety.  I ran out of melatonin.  I am afraid my brother will never talk to me again.  My back hurts, but I drank some wine so I can't take a Tylenol.  I have to get up in 3 hours and get ready for church, but I don't go to sleep.

I used to sleep normal when I was young at 18 before I started drinking.  The drinking Irish coffees kept me up all night when I was 19 and I've gad insomnia ever since.

I am exhausted

Alcohol won't help sleep

True, it will only make things worse.

I do understand the desperation tho and the need to do or try something, anything for a little temp. relief.

Why is it so important to you that your brother talk to you?  My sister ignored me and I disowned her and won't talk to her anymore.  It's abuse and bad for your health and who needs it.

Well all I have is my sister and brother since my mom died and it's hard to be alone with nobody.  A neighbor died yesterday which stressed me out.  I woke up at 430 this morning.  A pharmacist got nasty to me today and a few days ago and made fun of my mole.  My brother said not to be upset that he was seeing if I had a sense of humor.  I am considering making a human rights complaint.

I have a job interview on thursday.

I am still not sleeping well home alone since I quit restoril.  I am going to an aa meeting tonight.  I have a new sponsor.

I'm alone all the time and don't talk to or see anybody for days.  I'd rather be alone than risk being abused by a family member.  Why did the pharmacist get nasty with you?  I'd call him up and tell him that it's not alright to make fun of people.

Yeah, you are right that's why I went home.  I have a mole on my shoulder.  A few days ago the pharmacist seen it and said I should draw a face on it.  I ignored him.  Today I seen him and he said you didn't hear me.  I said I heard him and it wasn't funny.  He again said I should draw a face on it.  I talked to somone and they said he was trying to see if i had a sense of humor.  I think it was inappropriate after I told him it wasn't funny and he did it again.  He is kind of eccentric.

I can relate I usually don't get to sleep until like 4:30 5am then am up a few hours later. I barley slept when I tapered from 24mgs to 2mgs of kpin in 2019-2020 after being held at 2mgs for a while eventually the sleep returned but since tapering again down to 1.5mgs thr insomnia Demon is back.

But be very carefully with alcohol when tapering or coming off benzos cuz it works the exact same way on the GABA receptors in the brain. So drinking even 1 drink is basically like Taking more benzos except extremely short acting. You could end up making the situation reverse and be left alot worse off when going back to your normal cycle of meds without alcohol.

Kinda a curse and blessing on my end is I acting went to college for addiction and social services it really woke me up to the dangers of alcohol and benzo cross use.

If it doesn't interact with any of your medications or doesn't effect any allergies there's a tea I use with some decent success it's called restful sleep by yogi. Has valerian root skullcap dandelion etc. But just ask your Dr or pharmacist 1st as I don't know what all medications you take and don't want anything interacting in a negative way. Best of luck. Sleep is something we all need to heal!  :smitten:

I used to binge drink all the time and drinking wasn't at all like taking benzo's.  I quit drinking too with no problems either and no damage.  Benzo's were an entirely different can of worms.  They made me fee different and getting off of them was hell and damaged my brain and body severely and disabled me.