mechanical insomnia: common?

[Du...]

in WD.

slept 2 to 3 hours, awakened with a dream (normal/nightmare), sleep another 1 hour or so, and unable to sleep after that. It seems the sleeping patterns are routine/mechanized and controlled by the withdrawal, anyone has such fixed/mechanised sleep pattern?

Mine is the same every night, I fall asleep at 10 or 10:30, am awake at 12:30-1AM and can't fall back to sleep.  Like this for 4.5 months. If I stay up too late (past 11) I get no sleep.  Only once was I able to fall back to sleep after waking at 12:30-1. That was after 2 nights of zero sleep.  I also am unable to nap.  It just doesn't happen and I gave up trying

in WD.

slept 2 to 3 hours, awakened with a dream (normal/nightmare), sleep another 1 hour or so, and unable to sleep after that. It seems the sleeping patterns are routine/mechanized and controlled by the withdrawal, anyone has such fixed/mechanised sleep pattern?

Yes absolutely.  Fall asleep by 11:00-11:30 .  Wake up at 3:15-3:45.  Sometimes go back to sleep for an hour, sometimes not.  If I do go back to sleep I have vivid, disturbing dreams and wake up feeling terrible.

Napping is also bad.  If I do fall asleep, it is for 5 minutes and I wake up in panic and with leg and back pain.  Very weird.

You are not alone.

Well, for me I dread going to bed at night although the 4-5 hours I get is a welcome relief from all of the anxiety of the day and also I value it because I know some are getting zero sleep. 

Also I know that one day this will be over .  No matter what I attempt to look to that day.  Some days I’m more successful than others.  Reading success stories helps me tremendously.

do you have night tremors when you sleep?

No, in fact I do not dream at all, at least nothing I remember when I wake

are your sleep very mechanical? like on and off button? you sleep and wake up, and the sleeping process in between is gone